General Sailing Talk
Cooper

Post by Cooper »

Hello to all, i have been sailing since i was 14, am 61 now, and have had many yachts during those years, from 16' to 42'. Had a break now for about ten years, but it is time to return to that lovely world of wind thieving. we have looked at all the different T/S's and i feel that the investigator is the one for us, giving me the feel of a keel yacht in a pocket cruiser size. we are in Northern NSW, so will probably be looking at buying one around Brisbane area. Notice that there is one for sale there, on this forum, so will give him a ring tomorrow. That's all for now, hopefully we will buy one soon and be regular posters and sailing companions to members in the area. ;) If anyone is considering selling theirs then please pm me or just post, thank you.
LarryW

Re: New member

Post by LarryW »

Hi Cooper,
Are you the Cooper that bought the Bundy Flyer. If so let me know. I have a Trailer Sailer Magazine (1995/1996) that has an article with pictures al a trip the she made to Seaforth. The magazine is not in great condition, but the price (free) is right.
If it is your boat give me a mailing address and I'll post it down to you

Larry
Redlands Qld
Cooper

Post by Cooper »

Yes that is me, still very interested in an Investigator though, not many up in this neck of the woods. :roll: (Very Northern NSW)

Thank you, PM sent. :)

Coops.
LarryW

Post by LarryW »

I received the pm.
It is in the mail

Seems like you own a boat with a legendary past. Hope the same can be said for my Investigator some day

Larry
Mallet

Post by Mallet »

Introducing "Mallet" - new member. Why Mallet? Apparently I have a square wooden head and repetitive blows are all that work on me.

Been crewing on a Farr 6000 and a Nolex 25 for a couple of seasons. Much dinghy racing in younger days. Want to buy a TS to call my own, get on the water and contemplate the universe. Love of my life is not a keen sailor, so one-up handling is important. Looking to do some club racing as well - we're all social animals. The Investigator 563 looks like it fits the bill on all counts.

I have been through all the soul-searching, the hard research, cleared things with the social director, and I'm ready to buy an Investigator. Please let me know when a good one comes up. Willing to travel between Melbourne and Brisbane to get it home.

Mallet
Yara50

Post by Yara50 »

Welcome Mall(let).
If you are interested in buying, first thing is where are you located?
Suggest you trawl through all the web sources, such as TSP, (http://www.trailersailerplace.com.au/ph ... 44e29dd8ee),
Yachthub, Boatpoint and even the News ltd local classifieds.
Ian B
Ex Investigator 563 #50 Yara
Mallet

Post by Mallet »

Will keep an eye out on the 'for sale' pages.

I'm in the ACT, but willing to travel - within reason - to pick up the right boat.

Mallet