Looking for a 563

General Sailing Talk
JAK

Looking for a 563

Post by JAK »

I have been investigating (no pun) various trailer sailers and feel that an Investigator 563 is my preferred boat. I am therefore actively looking for a 563. In a perfect world I will find a boat in WA. I have had a look at the one on gumtree but declined. I have seen the boat in Devonport and it seems to be a nice boat but transportation (even going over and towing back) from Devonport to WA is an expensive exercise.

If anybody knows of a boat for sale pls respond
cruiserpete

Re: Looking for a 563

Post by cruiserpete »

JAK wrote:I have been investigating (no pun) various trailer sailers and feel that an Investigator 563 is my preferred boat. I am therefore actively looking for a 563. In a perfect world I will find a boat in WA. I have had a look at the one on gumtree but declined. I have seen the boat in Devonport and it seems to be a nice boat but transportation (even going over and towing back) from Devonport to WA is an expensive exercise.

If anybody knows of a boat for sale pls respond
One in Devonport, Tassie (where I am) on gumtree
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/devonpor ... 1036327846

I've had a brief look and it looks in great condition and at this price If I did not already own my I563 I'd buy it.
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Post by Ozzie »

Welcome aboard JAK, everyone over on that "Other" Place keeps saying that the market is depressed and there are bargains to be had floating in your soup if you look.

Personally I always suggest people bung a wanted ad on gumtree and see what turns up. I got my Investigator that way and it was a half fixer with little use although it took a while before my ad bore fruit. Good thing about a wanted is that your not competing with other bidders and you may snare one that's been undercover for ten years with little use as I did.
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)
cruiserpete

Post by cruiserpete »

Ozzie wrote:Welcome aboard JAK, everyone over on that "Other" Place keeps saying that the market is depressed and there are bargains to be had floating in your soup if you look.

Personally I always suggest people bung a wanted ad on gumtree and see what turns up. I got my Investigator that way and it was a half fixer with little use although it took a while before my ad bore fruit. Good thing about a wanted is that your not competing with other bidders and you may snare one that's been undercover for ten years with little use as I did.
Yeah, after looking I could not find any/many I563s for sale so I also stuck a 'wanted' on Gumtree and found my I563 that way.
Pete
JAK

Post by JAK »

Cruier pete,
I see you had a look at the boat at Devonport. What is its condition.

JAK
Roscoe

Post by Roscoe »

Hi Jak, I might be able to help you. Where are you in WA ?
JAK

Post by JAK »

Roscoe,
From what I could see the boar in Devonport looked Like it was in good condition which seems to be confirmed by others. The most ecomonical way to get the boat from Devonport to Perth would have been for me to drive over and tow back. I was considering exactlt that when I saw that the boat had been sold.

I have had a look at a boat advertised here on Gumtree but is is a very basic boat and has been anti fouled. To bring it up to the standard I would like would take some work.

I am really looking for a skeg keel boat not a drop down.

I see you are asking where I am in WA, let's say Perth.
JAK

Post by JAK »

This post has yielded results as I have puchased 'Mishka' from Roscoe.

JAK
Yara50

Post by Yara50 »

Congratulations Jak! May you have lots of fun with her.
Ian B
Ex Investigator 563 #50 Yara
cruiserpete

Post by cruiserpete »

Well done mate, you'll have a superb, safe and enjoyable time on her. Pete