The List

General Sailing Talk
Geoff
Investigator Boat Name: #50 Timeless

Re: The List

Post by Geoff »

Hi Peter,

What are the odds. I though it was a pretty clever name when you first did it. Same as you, I didn't consider someone else might have too.

Still, no biggie. Highly unlikely you'll meet at a boat ramp. :)
Geoff
Investigator #50 'Timeless'
Investigator #111 'Missy'

As the engineer said, "sure it works in practice, but will it work in theory?"
Raya
Investigator Boat Name: Tme Out

Post by Raya »

Hi Peter, I do have two listings for Sail-La-Vie. They could be the same boat and I just didn't pick up on it because the rego numbers are different.
Here is a picture of the "other" Sail-La-Vie. Let me know if this is your boat. Regarding duplicate names, I have come across three Snoopys.
Attachments
Sail La Vie 2016
Sail La Vie 2016
Ray
Investigator #39
Peter T
Investigator Boat Name: Sail- La- Vie

Post by Peter T »

Hi Ray, thanks for that. My boat is definately 114 which was originally called "Spindrift" up and until I purchased it and I myself have changed its name to Sail - La - Vie" ,never thinking for a moment that there had ever been another Sail la vie. Cheers
Regards Peter T
" Sail-La-Vie," # 114

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Post by Ozzie »

Always interesting when viewing pics of other boats to see the difference in setup.

The other Sail la Vie above has traveller relocated to near hatch with control lines routed aft to the helm position. Also in keeping with the many sub contractors theme there are lots of variables on the ss taffrail.

Clav, if you’re reading this I always think to try your current rig/setup as it comes before changing to another setup you might see elsewhere. The previous owner might have been onto some variation that you find works well.
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)
Peter T
Investigator Boat Name: Sail- La- Vie

Post by Peter T »

That's interesting Ozzie, I had missed that. My thoughts on that is that the set up on the other Sail la Vie shown above would give probably more room in the cockpit, but it would also load one hell of a lot of strain on the boom with the sheets having to be anchored to the boom so far forward towards the mast. Personally, I preferred to stick with the standard set up although I have beefed up the sail track on mine by mounting it to a 20mm x 5 mm stainless bar the same length of the track , curved to fit and mounted it through the top of the transom the same but also with 5 mm thick stainless bar underneath to evenly spread the load. I shall put up a post showing it.
Cheers
Regards Peter T
" Sail-La-Vie," # 114

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Post by Ozzie »

As additions to the videos often get overlooked because it’s a “sticky” I thought I’d put a heads up here on the renaming and refurbishment of Mokum. #145 See Videos general. :)

If anyone knows the new owner or runs into him invite him along.
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)
IanS
Investigator Boat Name: Rhythm

Post by IanS »

Nice work on the list Ray,

Rhythm 121 ZJ891N NSW
Ian, Rhythm #121
Raya
Investigator Boat Name: Tme Out

Post by Raya »

Attached is an updated list of Investigators.

The list was compiled from my own records of the boats that I have come across from advertisements, this forum, Facebook or google images over the last twenty or so years. I have listed boats where I have found either the sail number, name or registration. Where there is conflicting data (I'm look at you #119), I've listed conflicting versions.

There seems to be a penchant for Investigator owners to change the names of the boats (stop doing that, its bad luck). Where the same Investigator appears multiple times, I've listed the names in order of appearance. There will obviously be names of the same vessel listed under different names. All errors are, of course, mine. I'm happy to correct, or add to, the list if requested. It's heartening to see that so many of the boats are still around after all these years.
The list.pdf
The List
(123.82 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
Ray
Investigator #39
Geoff
Investigator Boat Name: #50 Timeless

Post by Geoff »

Thanks Ray.

And re changing boat names - I feel more at peace with the world now that I have a reason for any bad luck. Prior to offending Poseidon it all seemed so random. Now it is attributable. 😀
Geoff
Investigator #50 'Timeless'
Investigator #111 'Missy'

As the engineer said, "sure it works in practice, but will it work in theory?"
Andrew
Investigator Boat Name: Teria

Post by Andrew »

Thanks for the updated list Ray, it's not an easy task

But "Teria - Chifley NSW" entry looks suspect to me

Investigated this, (as Teria would be a rare name in Aust and certainly among the 170 or so I563's ever built (name from Ireland or Japan))..

Googled "Teria Investigator" and after my blog, next was the "Australian Listed" add for "Teria-Chifley", they copied and pasted a paragraph straight from my blog, the blighters. Scam checked AL, here is a link to Scam Advisor website, they rated AL at just 17% - not to be trusted https://www.scamadviser.com/check-websi ... listed.com

(did you get some info from an "Australian Listed" add?)
(Fair bet they lifted the boat photos from someone else too)
(where is your rego ABX975N source from?..it's not on the AL add)
(other clues, for I563 sleuths. 3 Bow Bimini's on Investigators, attached is screenshot of I563 in add, there is a number on transom "5?" no rego no., child netting)

cheers
Attachments
AL I563 2023-12-18 151415.png
Andrew

Investigator #9 Teria