My refurbishment pics are No More - thanks to photobucket

General Sailing Talk
cruiserpete

My refurbishment pics are No More - thanks to photobucket

Post by cruiserpete »

Hi all,

It has been quite a few years since I refurbished my fantastic I563 and I did not realise until recently that Photobucket have shafted their online photo storage customers by removing their free 3rd party hosting, thus, none of my pics or any photobucket will display.

Unfortunately, photobucket now require a hefty annual payment of $399US YES, $399US to allow 3rd party posting, something I'm not paying and from the reported dropout rate of customers from Photobucket something a LOT..LOT of people didn't want either.

If anyone is interested in the missing photos I'll email, just contact me via a PM, although I'm not online a lot so there maybe a slight delay :-(
Oh, unless admin know of an easier way,

Cheers all, Pete
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Re: My refurbishment pics are No More - thanks to photobucket

Post by Ozzie »

Hi Pete. How's the new boat going. It's a pain about the pics . Tinypic which I used over on the dark side a bit has an even shorter sunset clause...removed ninety days after no views.

I always make my own copy of anything I want to keep for future reference. Sometimes it's better for longevity to use the online photo post although it uses up Ian's storage space for the site I guess. For anyone with iPad the easiest way to reduce a pic size is email it to yourself and choose the lowest res option.
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)
neilmac

Post by neilmac »

Hi All

Happy to help out in sorting out the use of pics. I think it's a great resource for IV owners. One issue I have is that some of the pics posted are too small to see any detail which can be frustrating for those seeking specific info. Anyway I'm happy to contact pete yp get the pics but we need to sort out best way of showing/storing them.
Neil
Compass Rose, Elsternwick Vic
Greg
Investigator Boat Name: Law and Disorder

Post by Greg »

Google photos works great for me, automatically backs up photos as I take them. Unlimited free storage as long as you agree to upload in a defined resolution.

Im also keeping a (photo/video) log of the work ive done on/adventures ive had on my boat with its own facebook page http://www.facebook.com/lawanddisorder563/ I take my friends and extended family out on the boat often so its a good way of everyone keeping a record and checking in to whats going on.
Greg
Investigator #10 - Law & Disorder
Sydney

https://www.facebook.com/lawanddisorder563/
https://www.instagram.com/sv_lawanddisorder/
Yara50

Post by Yara50 »

I have no idea how much storage we have available on this site, but so far no problems if you stick to the max kb size, whatever that is. I can check, but I think that is about 50kB.

Still looking for a web wiz to take over running this site, so let me know if you are out there!
Ian B
Ex Investigator 563 #50 Yara
cruiserpete

Post by cruiserpete »

Hi Guys,

It's cruiser Pete, aka, Pete
I'll email Neil the photos from the refurbishment and investigate google pics.

I'm setting off on a single-handed circumnavigation of Tasmania this Christmas and have allowed 3 months (I"ve got leave and Long service leave). I'm now sailing a Columbia 27 that I purchased from the RYS in St Kilda. I've also refurbished the Columbia os it's also ready for the circumnavigation, but being a keel yacht and not a trailer sailer it was a lot harder and certainly dearer than my lovely I563.

Miss the I563 as she was an awesome, awesome yacht, I still think the I563 is the pick of trailer sailers.

I'll need to locate the refurbishment photos on an old HDD but once done, I'll send to Neil (cannot promise when as I'm departing on my circumnavigation Christmas Day) but I'll certainly post them off to Neil when I can.

Cheers all, Pete