Merry Xmas

General Sailing Talk
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Merry Xmas

Post by Ozzie »

Merry xmas to all. Remember the water is safer than the road in looney season.

Anyone on lake Mac over the break . Give a yell and I'll deliver you a beer on the water, look for the old bloke in the old boat ( just hit 59)

Special thanks to Ian B for umpteen years of this forum. May your keel always swing free and your trailer rollers roll on. :) :D :lol: ;)
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)
Mark

Re: Merry Xmas

Post by Mark »

Agreed Ozzie ( wow same age as me and i thought i was young!)

Yes best of the season to all on the board.

A BIG thanks to all the fine contributors who gave feedback and told their stories and experiences in maintaining their I563s that have allowed me to keep updating and modernising Aminee.

Ian B - a big thanks for sage advice and comments and maintaining this group. Its totally invaluable. When I compare it to TSP I realise the discussions here are way better in quality and focus.

Fair winds all, I am ready to go and enjoy summer sails

best

Mark
geoffr

Post by geoffr »

Ditto all the above folks (except the age bit; I'm still a spring chicken at 56).

Seriously: great forum with nice people and no aggro.

I recently joined another (car) forum and the dictator who moderates that would get a job with the Gestapo! No laughs to be had there, I'm afraid -- unlike this place. So well done Ian!

And inbetween fire duty here in Victoria over summer, I plan to be cruising about Corio Bay when the weather is fine. I'm yet to see another Investigator down this way but you never know.

Merry and safe Xmas all! And may Santa bring you that new set of sails, or a GPS, or new tyres for the trailer, or ...

Cheers, Geoff
Geoff
Investigator 563 'QUMBU'
Geelong, Victoria, Australia
snoopebj

Post by snoopebj »

Seasons Greetings and agree wholeheartedly with all your comments. Great to have a sailing forum dealing solely with sailing without the politics egos and petty point scoring you find on other sites. Good work guys.
Xmas joke
How does Santa like his pizza
Deep and crisp and even

Peace and. best wishes
Fair winds and following seas

Emrys
Investigator #166 'Current Affair'
Spindrift114

Post by Spindrift114 »

I would like to thank everyone who has contributed to this forum. You have made what seemed to be a very difficult decision an easy one! Reading this forum has armed me with many tips to maintain and further enjoy my pretty new (at least to me) sailboat. My hope is to return the favour some day!

Have a safe and happy holiday

Kind regards
Mike
Mike r
Spindrift #114
Dr. Peter

Post by Dr. Peter »

Dear all,
I've been a bit quiet on the forum of late. Other writing projects have taken over and I have not had Pip out of the shed in nearly two years!

Last year, the cruising holiday just never worked out for us, and for the past twenty-four months I have crewed for someone else every week, and so had the sailing itch well and truly scratched.

The most noteworthy trip was sailing back from Tallangatta in Victoria to the Albury-Wodonga YC in a Timpenny 770 DK in just two hours. First we had a run through the narrows surrounded by very tall drowned trees, before hardening up to close reach-beat to home. We tacked just once and that was to put us head to wind, to pull down sails and start the motor to get into the little bay where the slipway is. I got to helm the whole trip back (and the trip there). It was just glorious, laugh out loud, sailing!

I hope we get a little of the same feeling in Pip. We anticipate being on the Gippsland Lakes in early to mid January 2015. I just have to make sure everything works and everything is there. My main worry is rats eating the sails.

I may see you there, but if not, merry Christmas to you and yours.

And I would endorse the positive comments made here. It is a great forum.

Peter
Peter
Pip #127
neilmac

Post by neilmac »

Hi All

While I haven't posted much I've read most posts and learnt a heck of a lot. Thanks for all the info. I aim to get down to Geelong in the New Year so hopefully Geoff will be about so that I can pick his brains about sorting out my boat. Have a great xmas break.
Neil
Compass Rose, Elsternwick Vic
geoffr

Post by geoffr »

Hi Neil:

I put my boat in at St Helens on Saturday evening, then went cursing with two old mates yesterday morning for nearly four hours, with morning tea on the jetty at Limeburners Lagoon Yacht Club.

Lots of bullshit got discussed, then tossed overboard! You know the drill: three grumpy old men in a boat, etc.

Light wind (5-10kt from the NE), and warm sunny conditions: a perfect day on the water. My new genoa was a star -- and has made a great difference to pointing, power and performance in light airs.

Anyway, my boat is down there for a few weeks, through into the new year. I plan to escape on the water most weekends, and enjoy some peace and quiet away from the Xmas mayhem.

Let me know when you are planning a visit and I'll make a point of being there.

Who knows, Peter might even join us in Pip for a scratch class race!

Just joking.

Cheers, Geoff
Geoff
Investigator 563 'QUMBU'
Geelong, Victoria, Australia
rosss

Post by rosss »

Happy new year all
I'll go you in a scratch race with wagtail , trash talk lol
Regards Ross