sell my gorgeous 563 SOLD

cruiserpete

sell my gorgeous 563 SOLD

Post by cruiserpete »

Hi all,
she has SOLD and also gone.
Well upcoming shoulder surgery has prompted me to stop buggerising around and sell my gorgeous 563. I've been in 2 minds for a few months but the shoulder surgery has made up my mind.

She is on Gumtree now and will stay there until sold.... I'm in no hurry and if she has not sold by years end I may indeed keep her but for now it's time to sell her because I just don't know when I'll be fit enough to sail her.
Re shoulder surgery
Surgeon says most likely 12 weeks in a sling (OMG....that's 3 bloody months?) then 16 weeks rehab (OMG..it's getting worse). Surgeon is saying prob back to full strength (if I'm lucky ?) in a year or so as I have a nasty big 8.5mm x 2.7mm tear in the shoulder/tendon and given my age it's a long road to recovery.

Here is my gorgeous 563 ad
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/devonpor ... 1042793895

Sad to have spent all that time, energy and most of all money (but I knew I'd never recover cost so that was never a factor) on my 563 to now sell her.
She is an absolute gem and because of the rebuilt will make any new owner very proud and not to mention safe. Glad to have contributed her rebuild on the forum and it's nice to read others blogs or rebuilds with reference to my own rebuild. That's always a reassuring factor. I'm not about to drop the price in leaps or bounds because she is worth every cent...although I do have a neighbour I negotiated with but that's an exception. Easier to sell to a local than stuff around with transporting etc. A local 563 sold for $7500 and I inspected it for a prospective buyer.

In comparison to the local 563 (now sold) it sold for $7500 thus, mine is similar but with ALL new fittings so prob worth an extra $2000 say, $9500 plus a BRAND new Honda 5hp outboard at $2400 so say $11900 hence, $9500 is a bloody bargain. These factors have prompted me to sit firm on $9500

Cheers all
Pete
Last edited by cruiserpete on Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Steve

Re: Time to stop buggerising around and sell my gorgeous 563

Post by Steve »

Have you sailed it at all?
cruiserpete

time to sell my gorgeous 563 SOLD

Post by cruiserpete »

Steve wrote:Have you sailed it at all?
No...
:cry: That's the worse part. All this love, energy, time and yes, money and I may not even get to sail her. Hopefully a Tasmanian will buy her and I might be able to wrangle a crew position :-)

If she does not sell then I'll certainly sail her but given that I'm out of action till at least December I'll need to bide my time to sail her if she remain unsold.
Last edited by cruiserpete on Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve

Re: Time to stop buggerising around and sell my gorgeous 563

Post by Steve »

Thats pretty sad Pete :cry: I hope you get a chance to go for a sail in her