New cockpit locker seals, pop-to seals & cabin roof seals.

cruiserpete

New cockpit locker seals, pop-to seals & cabin roof seals.

Post by cruiserpete »

Decided to replace all of the seals on my I563 simply because they needed replacing.

I replaced the coockpit locker/seat with a friction U trim that also had a vertical rubber D seal.
The seal

My old cockpit locker/seat rubber seals were stuffed so it was easier to just replace them.
Without the rubber seals. The seats had too much slop without the seals so the seat needs a good seal underneath to lift it to the correct height?

With the new seals in place

Next was the cabin roof. I replaced the old trim with a very similar white trim. I liked the white because it blended in perfectly with the cabin top.
The white trim next to the old original trim.

The white trim installed

Lastly, was the pop top roof trim.
I decided to use a similar friction U trim as originally used but also used a trim with a D seal. This would give be a nice sealing 'boot' around the pop top to the cabin top.
You can just make out the 'boot' under the pop top trim sealing to the cabin top.

That's my day in a nut shell....
Installed 3 new windows (from windows tomorrow) and installed all new seal on cockpit lockers, cabin top and pop top. All in all, a fairly productive day

Cheers Pete
Mark

Re: New cockpit locker seals, pop-to seals & cabin roof seals.

Post by Mark »

Nice job, can you give specs on that rubbber seal part number etc and where purchased i need to redo that job also
Thanks
Regards
Mark
geoffr

Post by geoffr »

Hi Mark:

These are great enhancements.

I did a similar job about 18 months ago (see my postings on this site under '30 year refurb'), and I sourced all my rubber edging from a well known national franchise that sells rubber and shares the same first name as Superman's non de plume.

I don't have shares in the place, but probably should given how much I've spent there in the last two years!

Cheers, Geoff
Geoff
Investigator 563 'QUMBU'
Geelong, Victoria, Australia
Yara50

Post by Yara50 »

BTW , there is no problem on this site to mention vendor's names, as long as there is nothing defamitory.
Ian B
Ex Investigator 563 #50 Yara