Wanted: spinnaker

geoffr

Wanted: spinnaker

Post by geoffr »

Hi all:

Just wondering if anyone has a spinnaker out there they might be keen to sell?

Even an old one would do for starters, as long as it was the right size for an Investigator (or close enough).

Send me a PM if you wish.

Cheers,
Geoff
Investigator 563 'QUMBU'
Geelong, Victoria, Australia
Dr. Peter

Re: Wanted: spinnaker

Post by Dr. Peter »

I think I have a Flying 15 spinnaker in fair condition in my collection (I had repaired it without any great skill I might add). From memory it was cut quite full so is more about going downwind than reaching. I'll have a look later this week and let you know. The price will be competitive.
Peter
Pip #127
Dr. Peter

Post by Dr. Peter »

OK - I have dug it out of the collection. In fact I had two Flying 15 kites, one was silk and it looks like the mice liked it (it needs a patch with sail tape) whereas the one I was talking about looks OK as far as mice activity but was repaired with needle and thread and material (this was before I knew about sail tape). You can have either one for the price of the post. I suggest you investigate measurements.
Peter
Pip #127
geoffr

Post by geoffr »

Thanks for the offer Peter.

Though the mice-chewed sail just reeked of character and I was sorely tempted, I've decided to bite the bullet and invest in a correct sized spinnaker.

I was lucky enough to find a S/H one of exactly the class size on Gumtree, and am now rigging QUMBU to take her new wardrobe.

I'll let you know how it all goes, once she's flying (could be some weeks yet, by the time I train the 'crew').

Cheers,
Geoff
Investigator 563 'QUMBU'
Geelong, Victoria, Australia