Another New Member

General Sailing Talk
Raya
Investigator Boat Name: Tme Out

Another New Member

Post by Raya »

Hi all,

I thought I'd better join the forum as I've been visiting off and on lately. I have an Investigator (sail number 39) which I bought in 1993. Apart from needing a new set of gunnels, it isn't in too bad a condition for its age.

I live on the Gold Coast and mainly just sail in the broadwater although the boat hasn't had lot of use of late. I did put it in the water last week for the first time in about two years and took it out for a motor. No major problems apart from a broken mast step and a rotten wooden packing piece behind the outboard bracket. No leaks and the centreboard still went up and down. The new geared trailer winch that I had bought, but hadn't yet used, worked well.

I hope to use the boat more regularly and try out the sails again next time. I'll probably also find a few more things that need fixing.
Ray
Investigator #39
Yara50

Re: Another New Member

Post by Yara50 »

Welcome Raya.
The Investigator 563 is a great boat for Moreton Bay. If you have a broken mast step, search this forum for the contact in Melbourne who still makes them. He is an elderly gentleman so, without being too impolite, I would suggest reasonably prompt action would be wise. (The search function is top right of the page.)
Ian B
Ex Investigator 563 #50 Yara
Raya
Investigator Boat Name: Tme Out

Post by Raya »

Ian,

I received the new mast step from Bob last week. He is a true gentleman. He dispatched the new part immediately after my call to him and before he received my cheque. That doesn't happen often these days. The part was an exact match.
Ray
Investigator #39
Dr. Peter

Post by Dr. Peter »

Welcome aboard, Raya.
Peter
Pip #127