Selling

General Sailing Talk
benson

Selling

Post by benson »

Hello I am new to this site and in a situation we need help. I bought my Husband an Investigator 563 he had a heart attack and have never sailed this boat. We need to sell as we are now living in Queensland. The boat is in Belmont and the yard is closing Wednesday 17/02/2011 and require us to take boat out.
graham5494

Re: Selling

Post by graham5494 »

Gidday Benson . Sadly this year is proving to be one when it is extremely hard to sell any sailing boat . I have tried and failed over a number of months to sell mine . The Trading Post has listed two Investigators for a number of months with no movement . Ebay results in very low prices but only on boats with no sensible reserve price . I think that generally people have become reluctant to buy anything expensive , unless it is a bargain . Certainly you should list your Investigator on this site under the 'for sale' section . But , I would definitely prepare to store the boat elsewhere or accept a very low price on Ebay . I wish you luck with your sale.

graham5494
Yara50

Post by Yara50 »

This is a sad story, and reminds us all to go sailing while we can.

On a practical note, here are some questions:
Is the yard going out of business?
It may be possible to store the boat at another storage area, but then it is harder to sell.
Please tell us all you know about the boat- sail number, asking price etc., and list it in the "For Sale"section. Is the trailer registered?
Ian B
Ex Investigator 563 #50 Yara
benson

Post by benson »

Yara50 wrote:This is a sad story, and reminds us all to go sailing while we can.

It may be possible to store the boat at another storage area, but then it is harder to sell.
Please tell us all you know about the boat- sail number, asking price etc., and list it in the "For Sale"section. Is the trailer registered?
The yard is going out of business. I have not got the sail number. The trailer is unregistered. It can be viewed at www.australianboatbrokers.com.au asking price is $4500.00 ONO. I hope you get this message as am not used to this site.
benson

Post by benson »

benson wrote:
Yara50 wrote:This is a sad story, and reminds us all to go sailing while we can.

The yard is going out of business. I have not got the sail number. The trailer is unregistered. It can be viewed at http://www.australianboatbrokers.com.au asking price is $4500.00 ONO. I hope you get this message as am not used to this site.
The number on back of boat is JN295N Land line is 0754820797