New member wanting Investigator.

General Sailing Talk
TheMonk

New member wanting Investigator.

Post by TheMonk »

Hello all, may I introduce myself. I'm a former dingy boy from many years ago that strayed. After years on stinkos i've seen the light.

I recently crewed down from Southport, Queensland down to Sydney on a 40' yacht and loved it. Sailing! Much better! Practacalties kick-in and after some consideration the answer for me was the good ol' TS. So after a fair bit of net surfing, boat ramp interviews and speaking with old salts I have decided to go with the Investigator.

Which leads me to my next step, buying one. There are a few for sale on Boatpoint, Yachthub etc but nothing that jumps out at me. Pip, belonging to someone on this site was attractive but has sold. So if you know of a nice Investigator that may be awaiting a new home please let me know. I'm in Sydney but i'm prepared to cast my net wide.

Thanks.
Yara50

Re: New member wanting Investigator.

Post by Yara50 »

Welcome to our Forum.
In addition to the usual places, suggest you also look in the local paper classifieds, such as News ltds True Local, and Fairfax digital. There is also sites like Cracker.com . Sometimes the oldies who are selling are not into computers and bargains can be had.
Ian B
Ex Investigator 563 #50 Yara
TheMonk

Post by TheMonk »

Thanks Ian, I'll follow your advice and look there too. I've registered my interest on trailersailerplace as well so I'll see what comes of it. No doubt, some there will attempt to steer me in another direction but I know the little Investigator is the boat for me! In addition, todays TV footage of that yacht sinking in the Brisbane river only reinforces the features of the Investigator. My God it went down quick, those blokes were very lucky. John.
Calaway

Post by Calaway »

Hi John, I'm thinking of selling my boat, Calaway. I'm at Rouse Hill in Sydney's west.
ph 9629 5094 or 0418 156611

Regards, Pete
TheMonk

Post by TheMonk »

Hi Pete,
I have sent you a PM as discussed. John