Mary Chrismas

General Sailing Talk
solo

Mary Chrismas

Post by solo »

Hi all Investigator 563 fans.
This side is very quiet lately. I hope you are all too busy sailing and dont have time to look at the webside.
I wisch you all a merry chrismas and a great holyday time with nice sailing weather. Have a great time
Gunter
RobertB

Re: Mary Chrismas

Post by RobertB »

Hi Gunter,
A very merry christmas to you too.
Yes, this site has been quiet, and yes, I for one have been busy.
However, the end of year break is here and I do hope to do some sailing soon.
First I have to pave the carport. Then the wife wants a new front entry (door and side-light).

Cheers, Robert
geoffr

Post by geoffr »

Hi Gunter:

A Happy Christmas to you too!

My excuse for not posting recently has been that I am now busy working on my boat, trying to get it ready for a little sailing in January.

I've just installed a concrete ramp down onto my front lawn (off my driveway), so that I can safely park my boat off the street for repair work.

I bought my Investigator in November, and although it was OK for casual inland lakes sailing, it was nowhere near seaworthy for the coastal bay conditions where I now sail.

Consequently, the first job is complete rewire -- including fuse box and main battery switches (both missing), and some decent wiring throughout (also largely missing, or done on a piecemeal fashion).

Then I have some hull and gelcoat repairs to do, a resealing of all deck fittings, and some repainting of brightwork to prepare the boat for a more salty environment.

I'm trying to do this while also working fulltime, and crewing on a friend's boat on the weekend. So not much time for posting or boat work.

But I'll keep you informed.

I find that part of the 'fun' of owning a boat is the problem-solving work you spend time on pottering about your boat. The other half of the fun is sailing it, knowing that things have been done safely and properly -- so that the one time in your life you may need to make a Pan-Pan call, the bloody radio works!

Cheers for now,

Geoff
Geoff
Investigator 563 'QUMBU'
Geelong, Victoria, Australia
BobK

Post by BobK »

Our best wishes for Christmas as well.

We'll be in Sydney for Christmas, then back in Brisbane in Feb/March. Will keep an eye out for Investigators.

Still reckon it's a great boat.
Attachments
First Day Out 189s.jpg
Bob
Margarita #32