Just Joined.

General Sailing Talk
Brian

Just Joined.

Post by Brian »

Hello Folks,
I am a novice to sailing, haven't done any since I was a teenager (over 40 years ago).

I decided to look for a safe forgiving craft some time back & after doing some research decided
to look for an Investigator. In a conversation with my son a friend of his said he thought his father had one sitting in his back yard. After an inspection we agreed on a fair price & I have now had the boat for about 3 months. Simple as that!

The little yacht is in good nick (have had it checked by a few in the know) but haven't had it in the water yet - getting close - probably in the next 4 to 6 weeks.

I am missing the top sliding hatch from the pop top & also the anchor well cover, I hope to be able to find these or have them made at a reasonable price.
The original outboard internal well had already been sealed so she is an earlier model & has a sail No.13.
Currently un named & little other info. Not real good at posting pictures etc.

I have followed this forum as a visitor & gained a lot of useful info along the way, many thanks.

Cheers, Brian.
Yara50

Re: Just Joined.

Post by Yara50 »

Welcome Brian. Lucky find by the sound of it. Strange that you are missing some hatches. Do you think they were removed for a reason?
Will be up your way in a month or two, maybe will catch up then.
Have lots of fun with your new toy!
Ian B
Ex Investigator 563 #50 Yara
Brian

Post by Brian »

Thanks Ian,
Would be great to catch up. The prevoius owner had the boat for quite a few years and i believe it was mostly day sailing with some social racing. I think he probably bought the boat with the hatches already gone. I will also have to replace all the cushions as they were missing - only the covers remaining. I took all that into account before buying and really was looking for something either ready to drop into the water straight off the trailer or a sound basic boat that I could use with little work and bring up to my own personal specs overtime. I settled for the latter. I aim to re-learn how to sail & do a fair bit of overnighting. After all most of the year the weather is perfect up here with lots of close islands and reefs.
Cheers Brian.
RobertB

Post by RobertB »

Hi Brian,

Welcome aboard.
That's my little boat in the picture on the lefthand top of this page.
I'm in Brisbane. Hope to tow the little girl up to your way one day. Perhaps we could do a companion sail then.
Last Summer I sailed out to Lady Musgrave Island.

Cheers, Robert
Brian

Post by Brian »

Hi Robert,
Saw the video of your trip, looks great!
Look forward to a sail together if you are up this way.
Cheers Brian.