I want an Investigator trailer.

Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

I want an Investigator trailer.

Post by Ozzie »

Hi all, I’m in the market for another trailer. My current one is repairable but I’m so busy on other matters at the moment that I don’t have time or energy to spend on it. I thought I’d throw it out there and see if anybody has one they want to sell/ replace with a new one. Or maybe someone who’s considering going full mooring with slipping and no trailer cluttering up the yard.

I had earlier contacted PCFreestyle who has a wanted ad on our site for 563 boat only, but does not require a trailer or motor, so if anybody is considering selling he may take your boat and I’ll take your trailer if it’s what I’m after. I may even be interested in your outboard if that’s part of your issue with selling to him. He had no offers at the time.

I’m looking for a structurally sound trailer with current NSW rego. Braked, (requiring annual inspection) I’m not worried if tyres are low on tread as I have new wheels/tyres I can transfer over. If the same size. Also easy replacement items like rollers, springs and brake pads are not an issue.

Cosmetics are also not a problem. I’ve got good bunks I can transfer over. Rust stains as long as not bad structural rust is acceptable. I intent to paint the whole trailer with fish oil, and inject it into the cross members, which is what I should have done with mine when I got it 20 years ago. I also have a new three speed winch to use, so if your winch is dodgy, no issues. In fact you can keep your winch post and winch if you have a good one and wish to transfer it to your new build, same with bunks and supports. I also have good lights so that’s not needed

My offer may suite someone wanting to build a new, pristine trailer to a new design or spec but may not have considered they could realise some cash from their old trailer. Dunno, but never hurts to ask. We’re happy to travel. That’s what we do for fun. I’ll pay cash which may suite if you’re planning a divorce.LOL

Anyway pm me if you have something I may be interested in and we’ll talk turkey, price etc. I tried a recent pm to PCFreestyle to see if he’s still looking for an investigator boat only but no answer so maybe he’s not, or he could be over on Facebook so you could contact him there. I’m not on Facebook.
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)