Anchor Hatch

Trailers, outboards, fittings, etc.
Manango
Investigator Boat Name: RIPPLE

Anchor Hatch

Post by Manango »

Looking for an Anchor Hatch lid from an Investigator 563. Ripple came with no lid on the hatch, as the previous owner found it a nuisance opening and closing it all the time. Don't really want to have to make a new one.
Rick Huntley

Project Boat "RIPPLE" under modification - Tow vehicle Ford Wagon or if the boss lets me a Subaru Forester Nanango QLD (approx 200Km NNW of Brissie)
Andrew
Investigator Boat Name: Teria

Re: Anchor Hatch

Post by Andrew »

Hope one turns up Rick, i'm minus an anchor hatch too but it seems to work ok as an open anchor well which can hold my oversized cruising CQR anchor (which sticks up above deck level). It's never been a problem to sail/trail without it.
Andrew

Investigator #9 Teria
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Re: Anchor Hatch

Post by Ozzie »

If you want to replace the hatch Rick I guess it’s an issue. If you mainly want to secure your anchor in rough weather or perish the thought, a knockdown a suitable timber or aluminium flat bar across the deck may help .

I have a hatch but the finger push lock was inoperable for quite a while . At one point I had a thin bit of wood slid across the hatch connected at each end by wiring to the toe rail. It held the hatch down, not that I ever got in conditions that needed it but it worked. It would also probably secure an anchor with no hatch. Come to think of it I’ve wondered if the finger push lock would lock the hatch enough to hold the anchor in the locker in a knockdown. Truly hope I never find out.
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)