Cockpit locker seals

Peter T
Investigator Boat Name: Sail- La- Vie

Cockpit locker seals

Post by Peter T »

Hi all, I am trying to find the exact section of the rubber seal that goes around the cockpit lockers. I found the post with the photo below but would love to know exactly the part number. If anyone has or knows this or has a small sample they could send me, would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance
Screenshot_20230222_203637_Chrome.jpg
Regards Peter T
" Sail-La-Vie," # 114

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Re: Cockpit locker seals

Post by Ozzie »

C01DA8BE-CA28-454F-B7C2-66D318148363.jpeg
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/165467666389?

I think this may be what you’re after Peter. Check down the bottom of the page there may be the same profile only cheaper. Also do a search on fleabay and filter “cheapest including postage” I’d say they will all come from the same Asian factory .
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)
Peter T

Post by Peter T »

Thank you Ozzie, will check it out. Is this the exact one that you have used mate ? There are several different sizes I think ?
Regards Peter T
" Sail-La-Vie," # 114

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Post by Ozzie »

I have not actually ordered it Peter. But I had a link to it last haulout in my bookmarks. When I went to that link it was no longer on the bay so I redid search and that came up There is a cross section pic on the listing.
Size
Size
If that’s too big there may be other sizes in the other listings advertised below. I generally find a cheaper or slightly different item in the links below than whatever comes up first on fleabay. I think they pay for a ranking. Actually everything is ranked on searching these days.
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)
Peter T

Post by Peter T »

Thanks Ozzie, most helpful cheers
Regards Peter T
" Sail-La-Vie," # 114

IanS
Investigator Boat Name: Rhythm

Post by IanS »

What did you wind up using Peter (do you have a link)? And did you have to adjust the hinges to accommodate the seals?

Cheers, Ian
Ian, Rhythm #121
Peter T

Post by Peter T »

Hi Ian. No mate I couldn't find anything that actually fitted or worked so I ended up using the same white trim that goes around the raisable roof opening. It's just a trim and it does not seal very well but it does look ok and it is excellent to get the locker lid to sit at the correct height. It does divert some of the water around the back of the trim which runs out at each end of the lid but some does get into the locker, especially if you hose the boat down. I used one length to do the sides and back with a separate piece for the front edge. Also, I know to mop up inside the locker after a wash down or rain if the boat is out of the shed. This is also why I keep everything in those cheap plastic bins that have lids that can be obtained from chicken feed. Three of them will fit in one locker fitted in sideways. I have 3 of them on the port side with one and the fuel tank in the starboard side which allows a bit of extra space.
Hope this helps.
Cheers
Regards Peter T
" Sail-La-Vie," # 114

IanS

Post by IanS »

OK, thanks for the reply Peter.
Ian, Rhythm #121
Peter T

Post by Peter T »

Welcome mate. If you find anything better, please let me know. Thanks
Regards Peter T
" Sail-La-Vie," # 114

IanS

Post by IanS »

Ian, Rhythm #121