I563 spare parts boat South Hobart

Raya
Investigator Boat Name: Tme Out

Re: I563 spare parts boat South Hobart

Post by Raya »

I'm a little perplexed over this one. Peter says that C Games' owner stated that his boat had a fire and that it is no more and then this one shows up at the tip. They both have that large cleat on the foredeck.

I believe that the boats are not the same for the the following reasons:

[1] The pushpit on C Games is one piece unlike the 2 piece version on the tip boat.
[2] The stern pump outlet on C games is not present on the tip boat.
[3] The tip boat does not have a boarding ladder.
[4] The outboard bracket is different on the boats.
[5] The tip boat has what looks like a Good Design sticker on the bulkhead. These were on boats later than C Games.

There are other differences but you can see why I think they are not the same boat.
Attachments
Tip boat's stern.
Tip boat's stern.
C Games stern. Note the different pushpit & bracket.
C Games stern. Note the different pushpit & bracket.
Ray
Investigator #39
Peter T
Investigator Boat Name: Sail- La- Vie

Post by Peter T »

Hi Ray, you may very well be correct. The top one of your two photos has a 93 on thr stern and looks to have suffered a cabin fire. What boat was No 93 mate ?
Also, the tip boat has under water paint,so I have no clue now. Could there have been 2 boats burnt ?
Regards Peter T
" Sail-La-Vie," # 114

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Post by Ozzie »

Well spotted Ray . Even if the ladder was removed there are no holes in the tip boat where it would have been . Also, position of the cockpit drain holes relative to locker drain holes is different. This is turning into an episode of “Death in Paradise “lol.

Clearly we have lost two of the Investigators….unless some brave person rescues the tip boat. :shock:
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)
cruiserpete

Post by cruiserpete »

montoman wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:30 am I think maybe C Games that caught fire earlier this year?
I don't think it's C Games, I sold my I563 to Tony in Devonport (who has since passed away sadly) he renamed her C-games
My I563 (later C-Games) had the windows flush with the cabin top during my complete restoration/refurbishment and not recessed as shown in the photo.
cruiserpete

Post by cruiserpete »

Raya wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:31 am I'm a little perplexed over this one. Peter says that C Games' owner stated that his boat had a fire and that it is no more and then this one shows up at the tip. They both have that large cleat on the foredeck.

I believe that the boats are not the same for the the following reasons:

[1] The pushpit on C Games is one piece unlike the 2 piece version on the tip boat.
[2] The stern pump outlet on C games is not present on the tip boat.
[3] The tip boat does not have a boarding ladder.
[4] The outboard bracket is different on the boats.
[5] The tip boat has what looks like a Good Design sticker on the bulkhead. These were on boats later than C Games.

There are other differences but you can see why I think they are not the same boat.
NO, not c games
I sold my I563 to Tony in Devonport (he has since sadly passed away) and Tony then renamed her c games and moored her on the Tamar.

Agree,
I installed a stainless ladder on the starboard transom
I installed a Tenob outboard bracket on the port transom
I changed the recessed windows to flush with the cabin sides (and when i spoke with Tony, he said, not a drop of water passed the new window install after 2 years, so happy with that) I think my writeup on the windows in the forum somewhere
Yes, the Pushpit was a one piece
I can agree, this is definitely not c games

C games never caught fire in Tony's keep. After Tony passed away his family sold c games ( very cheaply) a guy from Hobart did buy c games but this one is not c games
Geoff
Investigator Boat Name: #50 Timeless

Post by Geoff »

Thanks for the info Pete!

Right again Ray ;)
Geoff
Investigator #50 'Timeless'
Investigator #111 'Missy'

As the engineer said, "sure it works in practice, but will it work in theory?"