cooking on a small boat without a fridge

first mate

cooking on a small boat without a fridge

Post by first mate »

After living on 'Sherlock' our Investigator for 5 months while travelling up the Qld coast, I was asked to write a recipe book for small boats without a fridge. I've also included how to bake bread and cakes on top of the burner but best of all I've included a 14 day menu to save trying to work out what to eat every day. This little book with attitude is just like Sherlock. It never lets us down even in the worst weather and guarantees tons of fun without too much effort. If you want to know anything about the galley just give me a hoy!
Yara50

Re: cooking on a small boat without a fridge

Post by Yara50 »

No need to be shy here. Whilst we quickly delete generic sales links, specific Investigator 563 info and gear is welcomed. However maybe this post should be in the technical section.
Anyway feel free to post the details of the book, price and your contact details.

I already have a copy. Only reservation is that you made your galley in the forepeak and cut into one of the bow buoyancy chambers. This opens the debate about whether full buoyancy is really necessary on a boat that is essentially a keelboat.

BTW your article on the Investigator 563, which I believe was originally in Cruising Helmsman, used to be on an old Investigator 563 site. Copyright permitting, it would be nice if you could post it here too.

"Keep it Simple Sailor" author Robbie Kirk
Ian B
Ex Investigator 563 #50 Yara
Yara50

Re: cooking on a small boat without a fridge

Post by Yara50 »

Ian B
Ex Investigator 563 #50 Yara