Post by RobertB »

Hi Folks,

Here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPmVit2iw4I

Cheers, Robert
Yara50

Re: Link to youtube vid of Lady Musgrave trip

Post by Yara50 »

Brilliant Robert! Like the music too! Feel free to let us know if you have a music CD available.

Technical notes:
*What did you hook your safety harness to? No lifejacket? Do you feel that a peak cap with skirts is better than a wide all round brim with chin strap for the QLD sun?
* Having the lower mast shroud is a good extra safety feature for offshore, and would be even better if it was attached to a different set of U bolt chain plates.
* Would appreciate if you could post a pic in the technical section showing your pushpit mast support roller.
Ian B
Ex Investigator 563 #50 Yara
RobertB

Post by RobertB »

Hi Ian,

I chose to hook the harness to the portside pushpit. Attached to the forward upright. I extended the lanyard with about a 2 meter length of stout rope. This enabled me to reach any part of the yacht. I judged this to be safer than clipping off and on as I moved about. Reallyy, if you are going to clip off and on then one needs two carabinas/clips.

The lifevest I donned only when crossing the bar. In Qld one is not required to wear one all the time, and it is very hot.

The cap I wear, which has the added material that covers the back of the neck, the sides of the face (the ears are a common place to get skin cancer) and the front beneath the chin is the best. I have attached a string to it that clips to the collar so that I won't loose it overboard. I find it better than a broad rimmed hat which attracts too much windage.

I am happy about having two side shrouds. I have reinforced the area where the 'U' bolt passes through the deck by glueing a 4'' by 4'' timber plate under the deck to spread the load. Also, I have removed and check the bolt for any sogns of corrosion.

My boat came with the support roller. It is a boon when raising the mast as I roll it along the roller when taking it to and from the tabernacle. the mast rests on the roller when in transit.

Cheers, Robert
snoopebj

Post by snoopebj »

Awesome epic video Robert (which I think is the current geny jargon)
Very professional and a real adventure.
spurs us all on to get out there.
Fair winds and following seas

Emrys
Investigator #166 'Current Affair'
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Post by Ozzie »

That was great Robert

Very good production. Such snippits of life are priceless. Make an archive copy now for your great grandkids, now where's that movie camera :) :mrgreen:
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)
RobertB

Post by RobertB »

Hi Snoope and Ozzie,

Glad you enjoyed the youtube and writeup.

Hope everyone has a great 2010 with loads of sailing in it.

Cheers, Robert