GPS Units 2020

Topaz Bill
Investigator Boat Name: Secret Chord

Re: GPS Units 2020

Post by Topaz Bill »

David, I read about your experience being rescued in Bass Strait. I'm not sure which thread I was reading, so hope you find this reply. I remember the event well, it must have been a daunting experience and you were certainly headline news for several days. Sometimes these experiences deter people from ever going to sea again, I admire your resilience.
With the best of planning and preparation we can still get caught out.
Peter T
Investigator Boat Name: Sail- La- Vie

Re: GPS Units 2020

Post by Peter T »

David, I completely relate to your comments in relation to the press etc and how they harass a victim.everyone would remember the dreaded 1998 Sydney to Hobart where several lost their lives. I was commodore of the Port Dalrymple Yacht Club at the time and I Remember only too well how the press hounded the surviving crew of Buisness Post Niad on which poor Bruce Guy sadly passed away. I organised an interview between myself, the remaining crew and the press on the strict condition that the press promised to leave the crew alone if I organised the interview. The rotten sods made the promise but then once they got their interview, they hounded the crew day and night, completely disregarding the promise they had made. Similar experience with the press over the "Rocking Robin" incident. You just can not trust the press. I Hate Them for what they did.
Regards Peter T
Regards Peter T
" Sail-La-Vie," # 114

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."