Stolen

General Sailing Talk
trim

Stolen

Post by trim »

Hi everyone, Haven't posted for some time. We decided to air the fittings for the upcoming season. My sheets etc were kept in a water tight box, which had been flooded sometime over the off season. Decided the best course of action was to spread all the ropes over the lawn to air.
Some bastard decided the he or she needed the equipment more than me, and hence I now have no main sheet and pulleys, vang (although I do have a spare), and no backstay adjustment.
My question is...... Is there a standard length of mainsheet? And is there some sort of standard design for the backstay adjuster that I can refer to, to get a new one made?
Thanks in advance
Greg
BobK

Re: Stolen

Post by BobK »

Greg,

Can't answer your questions but if you are in Brisbane you are welcome to come around and measure mine.

Otherwise if you can't find the details somewhere else I'll measure up and take some photos of my set-up, although I'm not sure if it is standard or not.
Bob
Margarita #32
trim

Re: Stolen

Post by trim »

Bob, Thanks for the offer. Decided just to measure the dry dimensions and purchase the new goods. Did this today and have ended up with superior equipment.
Greg