Showcase your Investigator

General Sailing Talk
Frenchy
Investigator Boat Name: Drifter

Re: Showcase your Investigator

Post by Frenchy »

Raya wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:56 pm
Frenchy wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:13 am Hi Ray, thanks you for your reply. Sans front hatch for WA conditions seems like a good idea to me. I am pretty sure that the one for Sale in Armadale is our boat. We bought ours off Gumtree March this year from Bayswater and the owner sold it for $1 per cm 😂. Do you know when it was sold in Armadale? I will contact the guy who sold to us. I think he had it 4-6 years. It was in really good shape with mainsail, spinnaker, Gib 1 and 2 and a small storm sail. I will put some photos up- just need to figure out how- need to host them somewhere first. Cheers. Louren
The ad was run in 2014. Here are the only other photos I have of the boat. Hope this helps.
$_210.jpg
$_210.jpg

Hi Ray,

This one is our boat. The rego on trailer is the same and some other finer details. Must be the ad from which the prev owner bought it. He had it 2014-2020.

Thanks for the photos.

L
Cheers from Perth.

Drifter
WA built
Sail number Unknown
Raya
Investigator Boat Name: Tme Out

Post by Raya »

Thanks Louren, another mystery solved. I wonded how a WA Investigator ended up in Armidale. My mistake, of course it would have been Armadale in Perth. Let me know if you ever find out her original sail number.
Ray
Investigator #39
Watto
Investigator Boat Name: Ex - Fathom #82

Post by Watto »

Picking “Fathom” tomorrow morning. #82

Bringing her home for a good clean.
Attachments
F1B4E540-F4DD-4FB1-B1CE-F12049115BCA.jpeg
Watto
Investigator Boat Name: Ex - Fathom #82

Post by Watto »

Thanks David,

I live inner sydney, partner is down in the Sutherland shire(boat will be parked at her place) so will be putting it in the port hacking/botany/sydney harbour. I have 3 kids 11/9/5 so bought it with the intent to teach them about sailing and give us a hobby for the weekends.

It’s my first personal boat. I have minimal experience with sailing having only messed around on friends lasers and cats when I was younger.

Previous owner from Guildford owned the boat for 8 years and in his words(and his grown kids) “grew too old” and has resorted to only motor boating.
Luke

-previously-
Fathom
Investigator sail #82
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Post by Ozzie »

Good on you Watto, my kids grew up on boats and there is no better way for families to recreate together IMHO. The investigator is a safe and forgiving boat for families to get into sail and you won’t be short of friendly and non judgmental advice on here, something often missing from other forums.

Welcome.
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)
Brett Illingworth
Investigator Boat Name: Lady Bird ( no.73 )

Post by Brett Illingworth »

Hi all. New to the gang. Acquired Lady Bird about a year ago. Bought off a contractor who said he sourced her from a deceased estate. (no.73). I believe she spent a lot of time on the hard at Yaringa. Thus far she has remained dry. Covid has upset the applecart in many ways. I replaced the furling jib with a new one from Quantum sails. The engine looks as though it has never been wet. I will next attend to the trailer. New brakes and raising a bit with the view to trailing her up to Fraser in late JUly and then the islands off Mackay in August. Might be a little tight in the time frame..so who knows when? The name shall remain.
20210306_092054.jpg
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Post by Ozzie »

Welcome to the forum Brett, that is one nice looking Investigator. The livery really sets it off . Look forward to hearing about your adventures. We’ve been to Fraser three times by vehicle and I think it would be fabulous to explore the west coast. I’ve heard the weather can make the straight a washing machine in the wrong conditions but think the 563 would be fine for most of the year. Fit mozzie screens ;) though. Ray will probably have some history on your boat.
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)
Raya

Post by Raya »

Brett,
A welcome from me as well.

I haven't come across Lady Bird before so your boat is new to me. I do have a listing for #73 but it belongs to a boat called Xonophen (LY205) in Victoria, last advertised in 2008. I'm not sure where I came up with that boat number so it may be wrong. Did you see your boat number on your sail or find it from some other source?
Ray
Investigator #39
Brett Illingworth
Investigator Boat Name: Lady Bird ( no.73 )

Post by Brett Illingworth »

It is written on the transom.
Raya

Post by Raya »

Brett,
That would confirm it. Is the number prefixed by IYA? A photo for the record would be great.
Cheers
Ray
Investigator #39