Molds are STILL available

General Sailing Talk
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Molds are STILL available

Post by Ozzie »

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/toronto ... 1325070481

They had disappeared for a while and I thought they had been sold but relisted today on a gumtree. Molds, complete hull,complete deck. $1000 interesting there are no pictures this time. At Toronto on the western side of Lake Macquarie.
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)
Peter T
Investigator Boat Name: Sail- La- Vie

Re: Molds are STILL available

Post by Peter T »

Gee, If I were 30 years younger, still retired and had enough of a shed, I would jump at them, make a few mods and start building them again. IF ONLY !
Regards Peter T
" Sail-La-Vie," # 114

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Post by Ozzie »

Given the cost of a construction of a new boat, or more precisely a new anything these days, it’s probably understandable the lack of interest. However given there is a complete new hull/deck included one would think that it would be an attractive proposal to buy it, scrap the molds, buy the $1000 investigator listed elsewhere for the fittings and spars and finish up with a near new boat for what could only be called spare change given Andrew’s calculations that a new 563 should be running you at about $178k on projected figures.

If I was younger I would have just about talked myself into it :lol: . But as one of my old band mates ,74, says, “Ozzie this bloody old age, it’s not getting any better” :shock: The old band from the 1990s have gotten back together for jam sessions again …between doctors appointments :)

Anyway maybe there’s some young 50 year olds out there with a drill and sander prepared to take up the challenge.
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)
Andrew
Investigator Boat Name: Teria

Post by Andrew »

Maybe a bit less Ozzie, here is the RBA inflation calculator.

https://www.rba.gov.au/calculator/annualDecimal.html

$7,000 in 1970 is $96,263 in 2023.

Plug in your own start $value and year, and 2023 end date, and be amazed :shock:

$10,000 in 1987 is about $30,000 in 2023..sounds like a better scenario.. (Inflation before late 1980's must've been very high.) There is still hope.

Might need an economic/business genius to figure out where to build and market new I563's.
Andrew

Investigator #9 Teria