Investigator molds plus a hull, deck with furniture at Toronto, NSW

Huey G.O.W

Investigator molds plus a hull, deck with furniture at Toronto, NSW

Post by Huey G.O.W »

Hi all,

Spotted this add on gumtree 563 mold with a hull deck and furniture.

If anyone is interested in making their own or possibly a business?

Yacht moulds, investigator hull and deck. on Gumtree http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/13192816 ... source=sms
Raya
Investigator Boat Name: Tme Out

Re: Investigator molds plus a hull, deck with furniture at Toronto, NSW

Post by Raya »

These were up for sale a few years back.
Hull and Deck
Hull and Deck
Mould
Mould
Ray
Investigator #39
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Post by Ozzie »

As I think I said at the time, the mold on its own looks like Mad Max meets Kevin Shepard. :shock:

BUT, think if you molded that up in heavy weight glass and didn’t cut the openings out. Turned the oriental arch into a bulkhead with watertight door and a watertight roof hatch as the only entry, you’d probably have a darn fine ocean going microcruiser . There is a link/video on here somewhere of the Arctic sailer who doesn’t leave his cabin for 3 months sometimes. You’d need to be special to stay in an Investigator cabin for three months :cry:

Maybe you could have portholes (non opening) for light only.

By the by and I’m not the sort of snotty nosed person who likes to correct people, like on other sites, because this isn’t a correction, but the words are interchangeable now and that always bugged me which one was correct.

https://writingexplained.org/mold-vs-mould-difference.

The USA is taking over much else in our language so this is just another one I guess.

I am personally however hanging onto “taffrail “ as opposed to “pushpit’, which was a coined word like “selfie” that barged it’s way into the English language accompanied by some boating journalist’s ego I think. It’s now in the dictionary I’m sure, so who am I to blow against the wind.

Addenda: Just thinking again about this item again. It’s certainly a shame that it’s apparently uneconomical to resurrect the Investigator brand again with a bargain setup cost like this. Given it’s a proven excellent design. To start from scratch making a popular trailerable yacht to market would be a shipload more than $1K. This assumes you could come up with a design. There are tons of cashed up retirees out there :lol: needing to get into sailing.

I have a lifelong interest in aircraft. The Grumman Goose was a flying boat designed pre WW2 , 1936 but is such a good design it’s being repowered and refurbished in some cases to modern standard with turboprop donks and modern avionics. I think there was a company going to remanufacture them at one point to the newer standard, but it didn’t come off. If you want a more well known example. The C-130 Hercules used by the RAAF among others was designed before I was born. And that’s a long time ago now. :shock:

Point being, a proven design can have much longevity. Anyone with a lazy 10k out there with a business bent ? I hope you’re reading this.
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Post by Ozzie »

Today another bit of boating history up for sale today on gummy from east side of Lake Mac . These were a popular boat on the lake in the day, know someone who had one. I looked at them when I bought my Swiftcraft in ‘90 but twice the price then, even 2nd hand. Even the molds are multiple times the price of the investigator molds.
D24ADAF1-BB3C-4408-B731-878CD5AAE7B7.jpeg
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)