$6000 Aspendale Gardens Vic

Geoff
Investigator Boat Name: #50 Timeless

Re: $6000 Aspendale Gardens Vic

Post by Geoff »

A couple of the most interesting topics we have IMHO (isn't that so cool and trendy) especially for those interested in their boats pedigree is:

viewtopic.php?p=9017&hilit=107#p9017

viewtopic.php?t=326&hilit=history

Inputs from many, but especially thoughtful and historical points from Ray and No Way.

We will have to make a sticky of the definitive change points that Ray has pinpointed.
Geoff
Investigator #50 'Timeless'
Investigator #111 'Missy'

As the engineer said, "sure it works in practice, but will it work in theory?"
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Post by Ozzie »

Thanks Geoff for those threads which I’ve just reread . It’s no wonder, based on noway’s last comment in the second thread, that it’s a confused history with many inputs and sub contract work done. I am comparing again to my own knowledge of the civil engineering and building trades and as usual if there is lots of work on you need lots of workers. So you get who and what is available.

Not specific to the marine industry, but builders (of anything) will and do accept lower quality control when they are making hay and trying to fill orders. So sub contractors will then sub out and sometimes sub again to get the orders filled. I’m not implying that’s this happened with 563s and other brands or even it meant there was bad workmanship, but you can see how the 563 worker diaspora was created.

You all may remember the high quality high rise buildings making a show on the news recently.

Years ago I did part of the architectural drafting course at TAFE and I remember the lecturer saying when the building industry is booming they won’t talk to anyone unless it’s to say “dollar a brick” (a lot at the time) but when times are tough it’s appeals to government to “prop up the building industry “ “poor, poor, we are poor.”

Glad I was PAYE employed all my working life. It’s tough out there are getting tougher.
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)
Peter T
Investigator Boat Name: Sail- La- Vie

Post by Peter T »

Thanks Geoff.
Cheers
Regards Peter T
" Sail-La-Vie," # 114

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."