Windrush 14

Somewhere for discussion about other trailer sailers and keelboats.
Watto
Investigator Boat Name: Ex - Fathom #82

Windrush 14

Post by Watto »

So I got myself a little beach cat for pocket change.

Went to take it out on Sunday but the wind had picked up to 20+knots so we decided it was best to not take it out the first time in these conditions.

Keen to get some time out there at pace.
Attachments
602FE396-7A1C-4F9D-8DDE-D5D4B8BA0B8D.jpeg
Last edited by Watto on Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luke

-previously-
Fathom
Investigator sail #82
Peter T
Investigator Boat Name: Sail- La- Vie

Re: Windrush 14

Post by Peter T »

Hi Luke, I reckon mate that you might find this a little faster than the investigator.
That will be quite a rush. Enjoy.
Regards Peter T
" Sail-La-Vie," # 114

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
Andrew
Investigator Boat Name: Teria

Post by Andrew »

Nice one Luke,

14 foot cats are a good size to manage. Years ago i owned a Paper Tiger 14 and later on a Caper Cat 14, they were great to sail fast spray flying at 10-15 knots. The Caper is similar style to the Windrush, surf cats, no centreboards to hit.

Should be allot of fun for quick day sailing,
Andrew

Investigator #9 Teria
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Post by Ozzie »

Mate, good one , but remember when you start a fleet it’s hard to stop. :D :lol:

Hmm may I recommend the “Boat Quitline” :o . I’ve cut down recently now I only have one investigator, one poly cat dinghy, one seven foot tender, one kayak , one surf ski , two inflatable paddle boards and one windsurfer board with no rig (hidden from mrs) I recently sold other tinny after I bought the cat, but that has only given me a small window of lesser scrutiny from the finance minister.

Seriously those cats were once immensely popular on Lake Mac. I absolutely was considering a Windrush 600 before the Investigator, with the coffin berth in each hull, but they were a bit fast for my limited sailing experience. Cats are great in the shallow waters on the lake.

Enjoy ....some one hull airborne pics please.
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)
IanS
Investigator Boat Name: Rhythm

Post by IanS »

We had one of those when we were kids (I think the remains are still buried in my brother's shed). Great fun! I remember cartwheeling at high speed while on the trapeze. Those were the days...

Have fun, Ian
Ian, Rhythm #121
Watto

Post by Watto »

Ozzie wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:45 pm Mate, good one , but remember when you start a fleet it’s hard to stop. :D :lol:

Hmm may I recommend the “Boat Quitline” :o . I’ve cut down recently now I only have one investigator, one poly cat dinghy, one seven foot tender, one kayak , one surf ski , two inflatable paddle boards and one windsurfer board with no rig (hidden from mrs) I recently sold other tinny after I bought the cat, but that has only given me a small window of lesser scrutiny from the finance minister.

Seriously those cats were once immensely popular on Lake Mac. I absolutely was considering a Windrush 600 before the Investigator, with the coffin berth in each hull, but they were a bit fast for my limited sailing experience. Cats are great in the shallow waters on the lake.

Enjoy ....some one hull airborne pics please.
Yep my mrs is deadset ready to kill me. Investigator, 4.9m fibreglass runabout with 90hp, inflatable with outboard and now the beach cat. Along with the 3 paddle boards and all the associated gear. Sometime I murmur that I bought another boat and she shoots daggers at me.

I actually towed this one back from the central coast. Like I said only owes me pocket change so as long as I can have a few goes of it will probably pass it along. Originally bought it for sneaky single handed mid weak sick days, but it’s probably a little more than that.
Luke

-previously-
Fathom
Investigator sail #82
Watto

Post by Watto »

Have also promised my son who’s turning 7 that I would buy him and optimist for his bday. But I may be able to kick that can down the line by enrolling him in a sailing course.
Luke

-previously-
Fathom
Investigator sail #82