Biminis

Andrew
Investigator Boat Name: Teria

Re: Biminis

Post by Andrew »

Here are some photos of my bimini set up.

The photo file sizes are too big for this forum site so here is the link to my updated blog

http://teria563.blogspot.com.au/2014/06/bimini-top.html

The main thing about base position was for it to lower into "the notch" between mast step and hatch: when raised bimini sits between main sheets, vang and boom . I didn't do any modifications to the bimini at all,(except pull the base out wider) it's stock standard.

may still change the aft straps hold down location, the bimini is not sail tested yet
Andrew

Investigator #9 Teria
Mark

Post by Mark »

Andrew

Fantastic, many thanks just what I needed and now gives me confidence to go ahead.

I am unsure of the forward tie down position I may secure to side stay u-bolt to keep it clear of my headsail sheets.

Appreciate your time in putting the photos up.

Regards

Mark
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Glad that helped mark,

Perhaps your headsail sheet arrangement may be different to mine? I attached the forward bimini straps to the cabin top between the poptop side and grab rail, which is inside the jib sheet tracks. (2nd last pic on my blog post) it keeps the side decks clear for walking along.
Andrew

Investigator #9 Teria
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

geoffr wrote: Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:05 pm Sounds great Andrew.

Any chance of a photo when you are done please?

Cheers,

Geoff
Sorry i missed your post Geoff! Here's a pic of my Bimini, better late than never
Attachments
Teria 2 bow-Bimini
Teria 2 bow-Bimini
Andrew

Investigator #9 Teria
Peter T
Investigator Boat Name: Sail- La- Vie

Post by Peter T »

Hi all, I just took delivery of my ocean south two bow Bimini, size 3 from Bias Boating. It is certainly of nice quality and having sat it in place, looks like it's going to fit really well and be a great asset to the boat. Thanks to all for their info on this subject, makes life easy not to have to reinvent the wheel. Cheers
Regards Peter T
" Sail-La-Vie," # 114

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
Watto
Investigator Boat Name: Ex - Fathom #82

Post by Watto »

Peter,

2 or 3 pole Bimini. Do a mast up, and main sail fitting. I found I had to trim a little(20cm) of the poles to make it work. Still haven’t done a shake down test on the water.
Luke

-previously-
Fathom
Investigator sail #82
Peter T
Investigator Boat Name: Sail- La- Vie

Post by Peter T »

Thanks Luke. That's exactly what I shall do mate. Cheers
Regards Peter T
" Sail-La-Vie," # 114

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."