New Investigator in Melbourne

Manango
Investigator Boat Name: RIPPLE

Re: New Investigator in Melbourne

Post by Manango »

Thanks Peter,
However I have RIPPLE jacked up on blocks. I eventually got what was left of the old centerboard out and I got a new one made from 12mm Black steel bar. Reasonable price, and now I am going to round off the forward and aft vertical edges before I gal it. All good so far. If only everything was as easy as the centerboard. My biggest job is still scraping off all the anti-fouling, sanding and painting the complete hull before I put the board back in. Then I can put it back on the trailer, (after I replace all the rollers and repaint it) and get on with the topsides and gunwales. Unfortunately I have had too many interruptions, but I am just about ready to get on with the refurbishment as a matter of priority. Hopefully nothing else pops up that causes me to put it on hold again. I can't wait to get her out in the water. The next big job will be her sail wardrobe that also needs updating, so if you hear of any half decent sails including kites that may be available please let me know.
Thanks once again for the offer.
Rick
Rick Huntley

Project Boat "RIPPLE" under modification - Tow vehicle Ford Wagon or if the boss lets me a Subaru Forester Nanango QLD (approx 200Km NNW of Brissie)