Pulpit dimension

geoffr

Pulpit dimension

Post by geoffr »

Hi folks:
I will soon take possession of my 'new' Investigator, and am ordering in advance a MastMate system.
One of the components - the RollerMate - attaches across the pulpit, just ahead of the two front vertical staunchions.
Would someone out there be able to post the measurement across the pulpit just ahead of those front uprights please?
Many thanks,
Geoff (sailing soon from St Helens with the GTYC)
Geoff
Investigator 563 'QUMBU'
Geelong, Victoria, Australia
Yara50

Re: Pulpit dimension

Post by Yara50 »

Geoff
I think that they are not all exactly the same, so you would be better off measuring your actual boat. A point to note regarding the mast step is that the bottom plate may not be bolted through, just wood screws, and it is not designed to take a high load in the forward direction. So you need to ensure that the mast is lifted as high as possible when you tension your mast mate, and preferably with the strap having a downward component to it's pull.
Note also that some of the bottom plates are old and corroded, and it is worth having a good look at it to see if it is OK. There is an old chap in Melbourne who still makes them.
Ian B
Ex Investigator 563 #50 Yara
geoffr

Re: Pulpit dimension

Post by geoffr »

Hi Ian:
Many thanks for your advice. I did not know there were varying dimensions, so I will wait until my boat arrives to measure it properly.
I agree re the tabernacle too, and will replace the screws with SS bolts through to an underplate in the cabin if needs be.
I do plan to buy a TallMate to increase the lift angle, and thus minimise the forward pull.
I would welcome any other thoughts on this please.
Regards, Geoff
Geoff
Investigator 563 'QUMBU'
Geelong, Victoria, Australia