Whale watching cruise

General Sailing Talk
solo

Whale watching cruise

Post by solo »

Itis the time of year again. I startet to get " tosca " ready for the annual Whale Watching CRUISE. Most of the
boats are arriving at Wathumba Creek during the school holydays but I will be starting early again. Last year I spend 4 weeks at Fraser island and enjoyed every minute.
So far we have only 7 boats, only 2 Investigator," Margarita " and " Tosca ". Most lunch there
boat at Urangan where there is safe parking aviable. I have more time and lunch again in Tin Can Bay, also secure parking aviable at the marina for $ 10.00 a day.
Wathumba Creek is a save anchorige in all weather.
Anybody out there who is interrested ?
regards Gunter
RobertB

Re: Whale watching cruise

Post by RobertB »

Hi Gunter,

I'd love to make it, however (now I'm bragging) I'm sailing back out to Cato Island on my mates 33 footer. It will be a 10 day sail.
This time he promises me to stop over at the Island.

Hope you and Bob have a great time.

Cheers, Robert
BobK

Post by BobK »

We've sold our boat to a young woman from Hamilton in Brisbane, but the deal is that it is handed over after the whale watching cruise.
Bob
Margarita #32
RobertB

Post by RobertB »

Hi Bob,

Sold the boat.....for a bigger one I hope.
Let me know when you need crew!

I'm off to Cato Island again next week. This time we intend to stay out there for a few days.
I'll fill you in when we get back.

Cheers, Robert
BobK

Post by BobK »

Yes, a Seawind 1000XL. Get's delivered in Sydney in early December. We are moving on to the boat and going cruising. Be up in QLD around February. Will call you and we'll go somewhere. After that we will head North for the winter months.

Next week will be our farewell trip in the Investigator. Sorry to part with her, but it's a bit small to live on. Going to a good home I think.
Bob
Margarita #32
BobK

Post by BobK »

Not going to make it to Wathumba this time. By the time the weather clears we'll be out of time.

Next year.
Bob
Margarita #32
solo

Post by solo »

I arrived back in Redcliffe last Tuesday after spending 3 weeks at Fraser Island. Again had a great time with many whales every where. A pity that the weather did not play its part right at the start of the school holydays, why many boats stayed at home. Bob, you where not the only one. Only 5 boats where there this year. I waited till Friday the 24th and then spend another 3 very pleasend days sailing to TinCanBay.
Bob, the only boat from last year was "Restless" with Craig and his sons Jack and Tom. They are great company.
regards Gunter
BobK

Post by BobK »

Gunter, sorry we missed it. Apart from the weather Margaret came down with a bad bug and is only now getting over it.

The gods conspired against us this year.

So we packed up the boat and she's now gone to her new owner.

We'll be back in Brisbane February with the new boat. We'll give you a shout and maybe we'll see you on the bay.
Bob
Margarita #32