Posts!

General Sailing Talk
Yara50

Re: Posts!

Post by Yara50 »

ianb9 wrote:hi folks
i have been lurking here for two years
I own investigator sail # 95 not sure of her name. It may have been St Kilda. I call her gumshoe, or big dinghy.
the auto pilot is called Geoffrey and does most of the steering.
i sail around Goolwa up and down the river. i love sailing the investigator and spend way too much money on it.
Big dinghy has an electric motor, no outboard. a c260 reefing furler and a refurbished centreboard so if anyone is doing these things i may be able to help.
she also has a few dents and scratches from me running into jettys, banks and the bottom of the river. I'm not much of a sailor but i do like messing about in boats
Hi Ianb9
Must be something about thise initials connected to Investigators!

Take a look at picture no 9 in our gallery: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=87 Thats I 95 in her heyday. The pics were given to me by the owner's daughter after he passed away and they sold the boat. I look at them and think that we need to go sailing and enjoy life while we can.
Here is another couple:
Boat 10.jpg
Roger on Investigator.jpg
Ian B
Ex Investigator 563 #50 Yara
snoopebj

Post by snoopebj »

We are not alone
Current Affair #166 signing on
Regards to Ian Ozzie Peter and all
Last outing was February in Cowan Creek with four other IYA investigators great sail in very hot weather. Had a much needed major house renovation since (delayed for 30 years) which took up heaps of time and money. So now hoping to get out on the water before it gets too cold and put up some pics.
Many thanks to Ian and all for keeping this excellent site running.
Fair winds and following seas

Emrys
Investigator #166 'Current Affair'
Shane

Post by Shane »

Hi All,
Not a big poster but really enjoy keeping up with forum.
Like most, don't get to sail as much as I would like but do hang investigator on mooring in Geographe bay over summer.

Shane
'Investigator' sail no. ?
David Russell

Post by David Russell »

I am still regularly checking in to see whats going on. Getting colder in Tas now, must make more time to sail next summer. One day I hope to retire and apply myself more diligently.

Keep posting, it's interesting and encouraging to see what others are up to.
seanslife

Post by seanslife »

Whispering wind is still here in Canberra (in the boat-park you saw Ozzie). I've recently driven to Newcastle and sailed out of there, living on the boat in the Marina for a week whilst I painted our property up there.
Not sure what the future holds, could be off OS for several years in December... would like to keep Whispering Wind but not sure if that's the best thing for the boat.
Off for a sail tomorrow
Keep up the posting, it's a great resource and far less intimidating than the 'other' site (which seems to be suspended?)

Cheers
Sean
Sean G
"Whispering Wind"
i563: #144
Canberra

http://www.seansboatbuild.blogpsot.com.au
ianb9

Post by ianb9 »

IanB9 here.
Thanks to Ian B for the photos of sail #95 in times past. I hope her best days are still ahead. I will try to find a nice recent piccy and upload it.
The last photo showing"Roger on investigator" was very interesting because it has a registration number SK54.
When I first got the boat there was the faintest outline of a name on the transom that could have been St Kilda which I thought was a strange name for a boat. It would make more sense that St Kilda was her home port. St Kilda is a small beach area north of Adelaide it used to have a boat club and a marina. It may still be active.
I'm tempted to say it needs further investigation but I understand terrible puns are frowned upon in this wonderful forum.
Does anyone know if registrations are linked to home ports or ever have been?

Anyway I pulled her out of the water this weekend so that I can repair the damage to the Gunwale rubbingstrake. I had left her against a jetty for a week and the bumper moved so the jetty pylon has worn a very nice groove in it.

I am really enjoying reading the various posts members are adding to this thread. I hope it keeps sailing along for a few days yet.

best regards
ianb9
sail number 95 no name on boat
Raya
Investigator Boat Name: Tme Out

Post by Raya »

Ozzie wrote:Chief posting again made me realise that maybe there are more people reading this site than we thought .

Any chance of another ROLL CALL.....for absolutely no reason other than to satisfy my curiosity . If you're a regular reader but non poster just post an "X" to let us know we are not talking to each other

We now have 187 members interestingly enough ....more than they made investigators.
The members section of the forum kindly lists the last time a member visited this site, so I did a quick tabulation to see how many active members there are. (Drum roll).

Of the 187 members, 30 have visited the site this year. 22 in the last 6 weeks. I'd assume that most, if not all, of the 30 active members would own an Investigator. This means that the site is being regularly visited by nearly 20% of all the owners of Investigator Yachts.
Ray
Investigator #39
Yara50

Post by Yara50 »

We would have more members if we could just do simple joining methods. Unfortunately I dont have the skills or time to work out how to update the site to keep out the spammers. But I have listed my phone number so prospective members can SMS or phone.
Ian B
Ex Investigator 563 #50 Yara