Relocating from Sydney, help needed urgently

General Sailing Talk
fatpaddler

Relocating from Sydney, help needed urgently

Post by fatpaddler »

Hi all, I'm having to relocate from Sydney to Brisbane and despite looking at all options, have not found one suitable for transport and storage of my Investigator up there. Currently looking at all options - sale, storage, transport etc. Its become critical as Im leaving on Monday 19th Dec, so any advice greatly appreciated.

Those who know Missy know she's a great example of the Investigator here in Sydney. I paid $7k back in March I think. All offers considered for a quick sale - photos here - https://goo.gl/photos/WhvFGke7UiFvJJSd8

Photos of my family sailing her - https://www.flickr.com/photos/fatpaddle ... 5879122915

If she doesnt sell chances are she'll get mothballed in long term storage which would be an absolute tragedy for this lovely boat.

Trailer inspected/registered a month ago, boat also registered.

Details from previous seller.....
New Mast, Boom, Standing & Running Rigging and 6hp Mercury OB 5 years ago, used half a dozen times since on Lake Albert Wagga Wagga (Fresh Water). During this restoration Centre Board was removed Sand blasted and re-galvanised. Sail wardrobe includes Main, Jib, Storm Jib and Asymmetrical Spinnaker.
Comes with Eagle Depth sounder, GME VHF marine radio, GME CD/USB/Aux, AM/FM Radio, all lights including Nav are LED, Two full length under deck storage draws, 100AH Marine Battery, 20 Ltr remote OB tank and Porta-Poti.
Investigator #111 "Missy"
Yara50

Re: Relocating from Sydney, help needed urgently

Post by Yara50 »

Hope you have had some luck wih this. Why not hitch it up and tow to Brisbane? its only 1000km!
Ian B
Ex Investigator 563 #50 Yara
fatpaddler

Post by fatpaddler »

Update - left Missy in Sydney for a few months, then last weekend drove down from Brisbane, hitched her up and drove back. Still looking for storage but at least she's up here now. And glad I didn't sell her. Looking forward to exploring Morton Bay.
Attachments
Missy85kb.jpg
Tenaciousgreen

Post by Tenaciousgreen »

Nice one mate. I recently moved house and didnt have the driveway space for mine. After ringing round storage places, I found the cheapest place was my local sailing club which I joined, got a hardstand for my boat, use of all facilities (4 ramps, 8 wash bays, power for charging battery) and I meet lots of like minded people. Just a suggestion, might be worth a look!
Rich Tolley
Yacht Name: Spirit of Christy
Mandurah, WA.
Dr. Peter

Post by Dr. Peter »

I did something similar even though room isn't a problem for me. Put my boat in the compound of my yacht club for a very reasonable annual fee. Saves towing to and from the club.
Peter
Pip #127
fatpaddler

Post by fatpaddler »

Have done same also. Joined WMYC at Manly right on Morton Bay, secured their last remaining hardstand, can leave the mast up and have easy access to the water. Absolutely Stoked!
Andrew
Investigator Boat Name: Teria

Post by Andrew »

Great to hear you kept "Missy" and found a great storage place for her,
Moreton Bay should be a good cruising ground, (sailed through in 1980's on my Endeavour 24, stored her at Monty's Marina, Caboolture River for 6 months, at that time it was best value place the cruising yachties had heard of)

Cheers
Andrew

Investigator #9 Teria