Missy (No 111) has her maiden voyage with her new family

General Sailing Talk
fatpaddler

Missy (No 111) has her maiden voyage with her new family

Post by fatpaddler »

On saturday I bought Missy from forum member CALDI4 (who was gracious enough to spend a few hours showing me mast-raising and rigging in the hot Goulburn sun!). I bought her to introduce my family (including daughters Miss8 and Miss9) to sailing, and at their insistence we took Missy up to Apple Tree Bay here in Sydney for our first day in her.

We had a couple of dramas (it's been a while since I've had a boat, so I'm a bit of a Gumby) but we managed to hoist the sails not far from Cottage Point and Smiths Creek and then spent a few hours sailing in between the 456 tacks required when sailing on a river system. Despite the final exhaustion, my girls absolutely loved it and can't wait for more.

Here's a link to a few pics: https://www.flickr.com/photos/fatpaddle ... 124869053/

A big thanks to the forum members for their advice when I was looking for a boat, and a massive thanks to CALDI4 and his lovely wife for all their assistance.
Attachments
0_IMG_5639_600.jpg
Investigator #111 "Missy"
Yara50

Re: Missy (No 111) has her maiden voyage with her new family

Post by Yara50 »

Nice boat there. Love the blue sails. I note you launched from Apple Tree Bay. This is actually my closest ramp, but the location of the pontoon makes it difficult to launch single handed. If you need any help next time, PM me, as I live about 20 minutes away from Apple Tree.
Ian B
Ex Investigator 563 #50 Yara
fatpaddler

Post by fatpaddler »

Hi Yara50, yes it was a challenge guiding the boat from the trailer to the pontoon and even more difficult on the return leg! I'm also 20mins from there... interested where else you might launch that's better?? And I might just take you up on that help! Cheers, FP
CALDI4

Post by CALDI4 »

Awesome photos Fatpaddler. We are both (Di and I) very happy 'Missy' has gone to a great family that can appreciate and enjoy her. Please keep us updated with her and your adventures. She is a great boat and you should see many hours of enjoyment in her.

Fair winds my friend, :D

CALDI4
fatpaddler

Post by fatpaddler »

Cheers CALDI4, thanks for entrusting her to us. Btw we've decided to keep the name ... we're all animal lovers in my family as well. :)
CALDI4

Post by CALDI4 »

:D