Window Shape

Yara50

Window Shape

Post by Yara50 »

I am open to correction, but my observation suggests that the windows were basically the same throughout the range. The appearance looks different according to the frame method. Some windows were internal frame, aluminium or even rubber, and some were external overlap with screw fixing. These days mostly external with adhesive fixing. A tinted external frameless window will look bigger.
Ian B
Ex Investigator 563 #50 Yara
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Re: Window Shape

Post by Ozzie »

I am open to suggestion on this Ian. We need someone with a Mk 1 single hinge to send a shot of the front and back windows from the inside of the boat. There must be considerable overlap of the hole with perspex though as this pic shows
compare563b.jpg
compare563b.jpg (23.91 KiB) Viewed 3398 times
Something that just struck me last night , which is amazing considering how long I have been coming to these various sites is the front hatch window , completaely different window shape.
MkII ie mine
Hatch new.jpg
Hatch new.jpg (21.52 KiB) Viewed 3398 times
Mk I ie no 10
old hatch.JPG
old hatch.JPG (26.3 KiB) Viewed 3398 times
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)
Greg
Investigator Boat Name: Law and Disorder

Post by Greg »

Ozzie wrote:I am open to suggestion on this Ian. We need someone with a Mk 1 single hinge to send a shot of the front and back windows from the inside of the boat. There must be considerable overlap of the hole with perspex though as this pic shows
compare563b.jpg
Something that just struck me last night , which is amazing considering how long I have been coming to these various sites is the front hatch window , completaely different window shape.
MkII ie mine
Hatch new.jpg
Mk I ie no 10
old hatch.JPG

Sorry to throw a spanner into this thread but the hatch on my number 10 is 100% not original. Its made of half inch thick plywood that is strangely glassed over on the edges and the inside but is only painted on the front (outside facing). Its got 4 big bolts on the inside for battening down, I think a previous owner must have liked to nose into some pretty big waves. You can see in the picture the hatch sits about 15mm above the edge as it is so much thicker than the original.
Greg
Investigator #10 - Law & Disorder
Sydney

https://www.facebook.com/lawanddisorder563/
https://www.instagram.com/sv_lawanddisorder/
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Post by Ozzie »

Thanks for clearing that up mate :) I thought I must never of really looked at the old pics in much detail before, but I thought I would have noticed that. In all its not a bad reproduction from your pics.
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)