Investigator State Titles Lake Samsonvale Sunday 1st Nov????

General Sailing Talk
paultrotter

Investigator State Titles Lake Samsonvale Sunday 1st Nov????

Post by paultrotter »

Okay Investigators,

As suggested in an earlier post on this site, how about you all come and join the huge Careel 18 fleet racing out on the Lake Samsonvale in two weeks time. We would love your company and it would be good to see how fast your investigators really go against the Careels.

You could make up a trophy and join in our two races! The more boats on a starting line the more exciting it all is! While we could all participate in the two races there could be class scratch results for each class but a combined handicap result which would make it interesting.

What is the Class Based Handicap CBH for an Investigator? Do you all have PCBs (Personal Based Handicaps)?

Have a think about it and let me know if any of you good sailers are interested. It should be a great day.
RobertB

Re: Investigator State Titles Lake Samsonvale Sunday 1st Nov????

Post by RobertB »

What do you think guys?
Bob, Ozzie, Gunter?

Robert B
solo

Post by solo »

Hi Paul and Robert
Thanks for the invitation to the Race but my racing days are long gone. I enjoy cruising or day-sailing but thats it.
Have a great time
Gunter
paultrotter

Post by paultrotter »

Hey Gunter and others,

You don't have to race...just come and watch and enjoy the magnificent full lake! It should be a great day and we are trying to be as inclusive as possible. The views of the racing from on shore or on a boat are fantastic. Its a wonderful spot for a day cruise.

Cheers
johnw810

Post by johnw810 »

Where is Lake Samsonvale?

Mokum 145
paultrotter

Post by paultrotter »

Where is Lake Samsonvale?

Well if you are from NSW its hardly surprising that you have no idea.

Its the lake formed behind North Pine River Dam to the North of Brisbane Queensland and is a main water supply for the northern suburbs.

Before August last year it was at 30% capacity and was as low as 14%. After some excellent summer rains it got up to 100% and is still at 96%.

It is in a picturesque situation surrounded by farmland and bushland with a back drop of mountains.

So what Investigators are coming?
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Post by Ozzie »

Hi Gents
Robert it would be nice, but I think I would be as useful as esky in Alaska in a race :lol: :oops:

I have finally taken an early retirement from my drafting/design career after 35 years, to concentrate on my music and hopefully become a better sailer. But as an aging and disintegrating rock musician I go sailing for the peace, quite and slowness of it all. It makes a change from the uncouth blare I put up with on Fri/Sat nights. (my band mates are all younger than me and not deaf...yet) I am hoping to age into a nice quite acoustic blues duo :D

Seriously though I think racing is probably a lot of fun but my mate with the court 750 invited me to one of his "fun family" club race days. My wife and I stayed at the back (near shore) watching all these boats flying around narrowly missing each other and yelling and screaming while jockeying for position :) I turned to my wife and said, "These people are all mad, put the kettle on" :lol:

I'd love to meet up with more 563 owners and did try the Oct long weekend but the weather was not good. I went to Valentine but IYA did not get there till later in the day. My crew then piked and arranged more dryer pursuits even though the weather did ultimately improve. Did drive round to Toronto to catch up with the TSP crew early Saturday in the rain at the start on the HCW race. Other thing that stuffs me is I play most weekends in the summer and cant get far from home.

Hope you can gather some recruits though, and look forward to some of your excellent youtube flix on the event.

Cheers
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)
paultrotter

Post by paultrotter »

So who is coming with their Investigator?

I need to know in order to provide access and sausages!

We have 8 Careel 18s registered and will probably get 10.

The Investigators are more than welcome if you let me know.

Cheers
snoopebj

Post by snoopebj »

Good idea Paul but for me a lake too far. A shame all these Investigator owners are either Victorian or Qlanders. For a boat that was built in Sydney there seem to be very few NSW owners around.
Good luck anyhow - sounds like a lot of fun.
Congrats on your retirement Ozzie - Llike myself - now you can conecentrate on what really matters -the music.
Here's a motto to live by in retirement:-
Attachments
livefast1.jpg
Fair winds and following seas

Emrys
Investigator #166 'Current Affair'
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Post by Ozzie »

Thanks Emrys

My mate lies about his age, he adds a few years so people tell him how good he looks for his age ;)

There is great article in one of the recent "Cruising Helmsman" about yachts being the equivalent of the "Shed' for retired sailors. you are certainly never short of projects :shock:

Cheers
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)