Fuel line through Hull

Tenaciousgreen

Fuel line through Hull

Post by Tenaciousgreen »

Guy's

Want to take my fuel line through hull and feed it around to the starboard locker. Any tips on the best way this can be done? Photos would be great if any of you have already done it.

Thanks

TG
Rich Tolley
Yacht Name: Spirit of Christy
Mandurah, WA.
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Re: Fuel line through Hull

Post by Ozzie »

TG
There is an earlier thread on here somewhere. I have a line passed through the port hull into the port locker. There is a tight fitting plastic bush that allows the tube to be pulled through or retracted . Would not be much trouble to extend the line and pass it under the transom cavity to the SB locker.

My tank has clips both ends so I can still remove the tank and take it out for refilling while the line stays in place. I had a small plastic cover to stop sun deteriorating the outlet connection but misplaced it years ago . The fitting lasted for 5 years in the sun but I've just replaced it.
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)
Tenaciousgreen

Post by Tenaciousgreen »

Thanks Ozzie,

Mine has clips both ends too, I want it in the starboard locker, just to counter balance the weight of the motor.

TG
Rich Tolley
Mandurah, WA.
no way

Post by no way »

Irrespective about how you get the fuel line thru the hull; the issue is ensuring the the locker is completely sealed from the cabin - I know mine isn't - if you are storing fuel in there. Fumes will quickly find their way to the bilge with possible disastrous consequences. Also ensure that the locker is well vented to the outside of the boat
Yara50

Post by Yara50 »

Not sure if Yara has been modified, but the cockpit lockers are sealed from inside of the hull, particularly at the aft part where there is no access to the rudder pintle mounts from the lockers. Personally I would stay with the fuel tank in the locker closest to the motor, as you want to be able to rapidly check the fittings and pump the primer bulb when you are starting the motor. The 5 or 10 kg of the fuel tank is not going to make a big difference to the trim.

We have the aft anchor and chain, plus the battery, on the other side, to compensate for the motor and fuel weight.
Ian B
Ex Investigator 563 #50 Yara
Tenaciousgreen

Post by Tenaciousgreen »

Ummm, Food for thought, thanks guys, things I hadn't thought about.
Rich Tolley
Mandurah, WA.