pics please

General Sailing Talk
Brendan

pics please

Post by Brendan »

hello everyone. can someone post pics of i563 rigging and poptop assembly. i need them for reference while i put mine together, thanks in advance. pics of cleats and blocks etc on the deck would be good to.
Brendan. investigator 153
Yara50

Re: pics please

Post by Yara50 »

Brendan,
Have you stripped all the fittings of your mast as well?
Ian B
Ex Investigator 563 #50 Yara
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Yara50 wrote:Brendan,
Have you stripped all the fittings of your mast as well?
Yes ian. My boat came with everything stripped for painting including mast.
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

So i guess no one has any pics of their boats. I thought someone might help.
Yara50

Post by Yara50 »

Brendan,
Pics are available, but it takes time. My boat, for instance is under a tarp, so not readily available. Winter time there is no light after work, etc. Start by looking at all the posts already there with pics, particularly the Technical and the Gallery sections.

WRT the mast, I am not so sure the diamond stay system is necessary. The mast section is quite strong, and has no taper. If you check out the Careel 18 (http://www.careel.com/forum/index.php) you will see they have lower shrouds instead. They also have a baby inner forestay, but that is more for mast bend, and again not sure it is neccessary.
Ian B
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

No worrys ian. I have found a couple of pics on the net so far. But the more the better.
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Mine has a tapered mast so it must be off something else at some time.
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Post by Ozzie »

Mate sorry to take so long to add to your thread but I could not find where I had put this pic. This shows the jib rigging, skip the pulley block for tensioning if you wish . I use a small tent spring and clip for tensioning the down haul. Furlers are not liked by all 563 owners but if you have the bits give it ago., you may like it. There are other alternatives talked about elsewhere on the site. This diagram comes originally from a careel site I think but is how god (Kevin Shepard) originally set up the 563 , other than the pulley ;)
Attachments
Unknown.jpeg
Unknown.jpeg (7.44 KiB) Viewed 4616 times
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Ozzie wrote:Mate sorry to take so long to add to your thread but I could not find where I had put this pic. This shows the jib rigging, skip the pulley block for tensioning if you wish . I use a small tent spring and clip for tensioning the down haul. Furlers are not liked by all 563 owners but if you have the bits give it ago., you may like it. There are other alternatives talked about elsewhere on the site. This diagram comes originally from a careel site I think but is how god (Kevin Shepard) originally set up the 563 , other than the pulley ;)
thanks for that ozzie. i do have a furler but i will just use the hank on jib for simplicity at this stage.
Yara50

Post by Yara50 »

Brendan,
I was delighted to see you posted a pic of the Investigator 563 on a boat design forum. It does satisfy most of the requirments of the OP. (Original Poster for those who do not do much trawling of such sites.)
Ian B