C Games for Sale

Peter T
Investigator Boat Name: Sail- La- Vie

C Games for Sale

Post by Peter T »

Regards Peter T
" Sail-La-Vie," # 114

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
Geoff
Investigator Boat Name: #50 Timeless

Re: C Games for Sale

Post by Geoff »

Looks tidy.

I have no experience with winches. So for my education, in that set up, would the 2 on the coamings be for the jib sheets? And the one on the cabin roof for one specific halyard?
Geoff
Investigator #50 'Timeless'
Investigator #111 'Missy'

As the engineer said, "sure it works in practice, but will it work in theory?"
Peter T

Post by Peter T »

Hi Geoff, as yet, I have not rigged my boat due to the work I am doing to it but both David and I believe that the winches I have on the cockpit combing was used for everything however that's not the best scenario. There is a dead eye mounted at the back on the cabin top and I can see where the sheets/ ropes have still rubbed against the actual cabin on its way to the winch. That's why I purchased two NO 6 winches to go on cabin top. There is a small area just missing the hatch where they will fit each side . Any bigger than No6 would not fit there. I will use my existing NO 5's for where the sheets from Genoa/ spinnaker can come from the back of the boat from a pulley to the existing winches on the combing or even from the track mounted on the side deck adjacent to the cabin side windows.
Should be a good set up. However, as I said, I have not set it up like that yet but I reckon this will work for me. Where th NO 5's are mounted, a wedge of timber was made to have the winches sit correctly. Can photo for you if needed.cheers
Regards Peter T
" Sail-La-Vie," # 114

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
Geoff
Investigator Boat Name: #50 Timeless

Post by Geoff »

Hi Peter,

Thanks mate, I don't intend fitting winches, just trying to get more understanding of them in practical application. With the sailing I have done and intend to do I don't see a need for them at this stage. But every fitting I see on every boat I try to understand the why behind it. On my boat I can see where different fittings have been and gone, and wonder what their purpose was at the time.
Geoff
Investigator #50 'Timeless'
Investigator #111 'Missy'

As the engineer said, "sure it works in practice, but will it work in theory?"
Peter T

Post by Peter T »

Yes Geoff, lots of people try lots of different ideas. Some good, some not so. The trick is to work out what is best for your own personal application. Cheers
Regards Peter T
" Sail-La-Vie," # 114