Townsville Investigator

Raya
Investigator Boat Name: Tme Out

Townsville Investigator

Post by Raya »

Here's one for sale in North Queensland. The price seems very reasonable at $4500.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/munding ... 1262023201

I don't think this one has come up before. Maybe Andrew would be interested in finding out a few more details about her history. The sail number should be somewhere in the 80's.
Townsville Investigator
Townsville Investigator
Ray
Investigator #39
Raya
Investigator Boat Name: Tme Out

Re: Townsville Investigator

Post by Raya »

The number of rollers do look a bit light on, but I have found that the skids increase the fiction and make winching the boat off and on the trailer somewhat harder especially when the Investigator is leaning a bit to one side. I would recommend two sets of quad rollers per side. These offers plenty of support as well as enhancing launching and retrieving. In any case, adding skids or additional rollers are easy mods for any potential owner.
Ray
Investigator #39
Paul H
Investigator Boat Name: Topsy Turvy

Post by Paul H »

Hi Ray,
Adjusted bunks so they allow the skeg to just sit on the bottom rollers with some weight on the bunks. A bit of water splashed on the bunks then makes things easy to launch singlehanded. In fact you'll need to ensure you don't undo the bow hitch until ready to drop in the water! (I learnt that the hard way)
Cheers,
Paul (69)
Andrew
Investigator Boat Name: Teria

Post by Andrew »

sorry i missed this post,

and she's sold now. Looks like a nice boat and price too.
Andrew

Investigator #9 Teria