Another one for sale in Tasmania, $5950 negotiable

Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Re: Another one for sale in Tasmania, $5950 negotiable

Post by Ozzie »

I’ve already Sent Steve a Pm welcome as his initial post had to be approved. Look forward to some new posting from Tassie.
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)
cruiserpete

Post by cruiserpete »

Hi Steve,

She's was fully refurbished by me a few years ago so hopefully, she has been looked after. I spoke ith Tony the owner I sold her to, sadly, he passed away with a sudden heart attack. He did say when we caught up for a chit-chat that the windows never leaked, so that was good news on the refurbished windows. Long story short, Tony was my neighbour and watched me refurbishing the I563, he liked the refurbishment so much he literally came over one day and made me an offer in the driveway. I knocked him back because I too wanted to sail her, Tony came back half an hour later made me another offer...and well, as they say, the rest is history. I couldn't knock back his offer and about an hour later she was parked in his driveway.

The Honda outboard was Brand new from Deegan Maine in Ulverstone and the outboard bracket is a decent Tenob Stainless Steel 4 stroke bracket.
ALL of the rubber tim and seals came from John's Classic Auto Replacements in Deloraine, Tasmania.

Hobart and the Derwent will be a fabulous sailing ground for her, safe sailing and cheers,
Pete
cgames wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:05 pm Hi Guys,

Steve from Hobart here ,

She is now mine ,

Post some pics soon!
Andrew
Investigator Boat Name: Teria

Post by Andrew »

Welcome Steve,

You've got a very good Boat. I followed Pete's detailed posts on the refurbishment, (then the old site went defunct and those posts and pics are no more). Look like you're at the southernmost region of the Investigator fleet, I'm in the Northernmost region. They can sail in a big range of climates and conditions, a tough little vessel that can punch above it weight.

Cheers

Andrew
Andrew

Investigator #9 Teria