Cruiserpete ALL refurbishment photos available - soon

cruiserpete

Cruiserpete ALL refurbishment photos available - soon

Post by cruiserpete »

Hi all,

I was reminiscing through the forum and noticed a lot of my refurbishment photos are missing or have the weird 'Photobucket' out of focus look.

If anyone is interested in my refurbishment photos I'll post them in a cloud server (dropbox, Microsoft OneDrive or similar) and if you're interested in my 12 months of refurbishment photos for your own I563 library references, forum members can access the cloud.

Forum moderators do we have a members-only forum section that only registered members can access, it would be nice if we gave back to the 'members' only and if a nonmember/public viewer wants to access the cloud, then can sign up to the forum for access.

You'll need to marry up the photos with the refurbishment technical details on the forum because I only have the photos and the text was written into the technical articles as I posted each refurbishment.

Sadly, I did not keep any old refurbished items as I've fully renovated my previous house, then liveaboard my larger keel yacht for 2 years (large houses do not suit me, they seem like a waste of space, I was living my 3 bedroom house and one day I looked about and thought what a waste of space, so sold up and moved aboard a keel yacht) and then sold that and now I have a unit in Tasmania.... it seems even the best hoarding intentions get waylaid

Once I've got the hundreds of refurbishment photos sorted (they're all over the place on different Portable HDD's) I'll send out the dropbox, MS OneDrive access and members can download some or all of the photos. They may or may not be of use but they're free:- and caring is sharing
Cheers,
Pete
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Re: Cruiserpete ALL refurbishment photos available - soon

Post by Ozzie »

Hi Pete. I just realised nobody had replied to your post. Must have been the slow period before the forum came alive with reno posts ;)

The years BC so to speak ( Before Covid )

To newer members, Pete’s renovation was a work of art and quite probably the blueprint for renovation of an Investigator.

I note early pics I did on the other place on Tinypic expired too. I think access to your Pics would be excellent for new members.

Geoff, would it be possible to set up members only link as Pete suggested or is there s way to reincorporate pics into the original posts if you have the cloud link. Anyway whatever way I don’t mind doing some sorting on this if it gives access to this resource.

I have no doubt your big boat would be a work of art too after your 563 and catamaran.love to see a pic.
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)
Geoff
Investigator Boat Name: #50 Timeless

Post by Geoff »

Hey Ozzie and Pete,

If Pete can do what he said - as in putting in all the work and providing a link to the files in Dropbox or wherever, I can download them and upload them to the forum. They wouldn't be keyed back to the original posts though. However if any of us mods wanted to we could work through that I am pretty sure and append them to their former positions in posts. May be easier to just have them all in a gallery type post linked to Pete's original topics.

Anyway, there are options, but we can certainly upload the pics to the forum.

The Photobucket image hostaging affected a lot of people on many forums. I think the safest thing in the future is to upload all photos to the forum rather than image hosting sites. Video is different, they are space-hungry, so good old youtube or Vimeo, with links is the way to go there.
Geoff
Investigator #50 'Timeless'
Investigator #111 'Missy'

As the engineer said, "sure it works in practice, but will it work in theory?"
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Post by Ozzie »

Good stuff Geoff, I’m happy to sort . It will keep me off Gumtree and eBay in the evenings. :)
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)
Geoff
Investigator Boat Name: #50 Timeless

Post by Geoff »

Hey Ozzie,

Apparently it is in the national interest to spend your money.

Buy, buy, buy, it's patriotic! :D
Geoff
Investigator #50 'Timeless'
Investigator #111 'Missy'

As the engineer said, "sure it works in practice, but will it work in theory?"
Andrew
Investigator Boat Name: Teria

Post by Andrew »

Hi Cruiserpete,

look forward to seeing the refurbishment photos again sometime, stuff like that really helped me refit my Investigator

Tassy is a good place for old-style sailing, boat-building etc with plenty of fantastic cruising grounds and anchorages. Visited long ago (1985) and went ocean sailing in less than ideal conditions (what-not-to-do lessons?!)

Cheers Andrew
Andrew

Investigator #9 Teria