The List

General Sailing Talk
Raya
Investigator Boat Name: Tme Out

Re: The List

Post by Raya »

Thanks David and Bart. I'll have to re-publish the list again one of these days. Maybe one day we will find them all.

I remember seeing a youtube video of #138 a couple of years ago. The video was called Investigator on Botany Bay. Nice boat.
Ray
Investigator #39
Eximea

Post by Eximea »

G'day Ray. Just came upon your list. Great work and interesting. My boat, Bella Rose, (not sure of any previous names) is number 60. Rego JS154N, and she resides in Northern N.S.W. Regards, Eximea.
Raya
Investigator Boat Name: Tme Out

Post by Raya »

Thanks Eximea, I have Bella Rose in the list. The boat was previously called Rawa and is featured in the 1985 book of sailboat tests. If you seach for Rawa on this forum, you will find out a bit of her history.
Ray
Investigator #39
Clav
Investigator Boat Name: Windsong #20

Post by Clav »

G'day all,
Windsong is now a Victorian with Reg MC815. I can see it's previous Reg was ADH74N. I'll be keen to discover more of it's history, and boat number too if anyone knows! Only other info I have, is that it's dated 1977 and the Vin# is : A-WWA117571BJ2. Only one hinge on the forward hatch, so <#50?
I believe the previous owner purchased it from a dealer in Hastings approx 2 yrs ago ( I'm guessing from Yaringa boat Harbour in western port).
Thx
Clav.
Geoff
Investigator Boat Name: #50 Timeless

Post by Geoff »

Hey Clav, welcome.

Really obvious question, just in case you haven't looked - any number on the sails?
Geoff
Investigator #50 'Timeless'
Investigator #111 'Missy'

As the engineer said, "sure it works in practice, but will it work in theory?"
Clav
Investigator Boat Name: Windsong #20

Post by Clav »

Thanks Geoff, unfortunately no, the jib had some stickers removed. Scrapping off the tacky adhesive was my first mission. The main has a capital letter I, incapsulated in what looks to be like a porthole with a couple of hinges. Any relation to Investigator symbol? But no numbers.
Peter T
Investigator Boat Name: Sail- La- Vie

Post by Peter T »

Hi Ray, I may be wrong with the way my boat is listed mate but mine is 114 which was originally "Spindrift" but it is now called "Sail La Vie". If you look at the list as attached here it looks like Sail - La - Vie is a re named
"Rex" ( 105). But it's actually 114 renamed from Spindrift to Sail La Vie. And is still 114.
Cheers
Screenshot_20230318_192604_Chrome.jpg
Regards Peter T
" Sail-La-Vie," # 114

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
Geoff
Investigator Boat Name: #50 Timeless

Post by Geoff »

Hi Clav,

Damn. That's the low-hanging fruit gone. :(
And yes, you are describing the I563 logo, as in the top left of the nav banner on the forum.

Peter,

I think that list is one Ray put up in 2017. So that Sail La Vie is a different boat, from South Australia, that Ray didn't know the sail number for. But he can confirm if that is right.
Geoff
Investigator #50 'Timeless'
Investigator #111 'Missy'

As the engineer said, "sure it works in practice, but will it work in theory?"
Peter T
Investigator Boat Name: Sail- La- Vie

Post by Peter T »

Hi Geoff, thanks for that. Fancy there being two. Never would have thought of that mate. Cheers
Regards Peter T
" Sail-La-Vie," # 114

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Post by Ozzie »

Someone pointed out also, some time ago, that many investigators are named in conjunction with alcoholic beverages (dunno why!) 😵‍💫 so there are probably a few duplicates there as well . Ozzie Spritzig II 😵‍💫
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)