HOUSEKEEPING

General Sailing Talk
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

HOUSEKEEPING

Post by Ozzie »

Just a note to explain why readers will have come across some disjointed posts and why some threads have been removed. We apologise if information you may have posted on those threads has been lost but the moderation team was placed in a difficult position. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to share what was taken down. The threads were deleted as they had no headings and the original poster requested their removal rather than modifying them. (See end note)

Just to assure all members about what mods did not do.

1. Nobody has been banned from the forum. To my knowledge no one has ever been banned in 16 years and we don’t want to start now. All we were attempting to do was keep the value of the boats true and relative to their age and condition.

2. At no stage did moderators request removal of any post just modification to comply with issues we raised about legality and the aims of the forum.

3. We can only restate that you are more than free to talk about the problems and faults you find with your own personal vessel and how you have remedied them as such. That has not ever been an issue.

4. The other threads I posted to explain the matter were sunset threads and they too have been removed.

5. No threads other than the previous sticky and this one were or are locked and all persons are invited to continue posting, just within the spirit and aims of the forum and the terms of membership. Some personal decisions have been made by members of the forum not to post and that is their choice.

The software that this forum runs on is phpBB. They include a standard set of 'Terms' that form part of being a forum member or user. The link to these Terms is at the bottom of every page on the forum.

I won’t rehash all the terms here but it clearly states ...(underlines are mine)

You agree that “INVESTIGATOR 563” have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should we see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered to being stored in a database.

We removed the threads as requested rather than modify them but under the terms of posting we did not have to.

In keeping with the spirit of this forum in our original request regarding the legality issues, we felt we were acting above this directive by allowing posters to modify their own posts.

The last thing we want to do is visit this all again but without explanations people tend to fill in the gaps themselves. Once again, thanks for reading, happy sailing and keep posting.
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)