Easing of covid restrictions

General Sailing Talk
Geoff
Investigator Boat Name: #50 Timeless

Easing of covid restrictions

Post by Geoff »

The Qld premier has announced that from next Saturday families can travel up to 50km.

Cania dam is 35km from home, so next week, I'm going sailing! :)
Geoff
Investigator #50 'Timeless'
Investigator #111 'Missy'

As the engineer said, "sure it works in practice, but will it work in theory?"
Raya
Investigator Boat Name: Tme Out

Re: Easing of covid restrictions

Post by Raya »

Its been great weather for sailing. Put up a few photos of your day to make our southern friends envious. Enjoy.
Ray
Investigator #39
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Post by Ozzie »

Good stuff Geoff, enjoy yourselves. I’m trying to take my time with haulout even though technically we could sail, but the weather at the moment is fantastic here so would like to get on the water soon while it holds.
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)
Andrew
Investigator Boat Name: Teria

Post by Andrew »

Good on you Geoff, first one back out.!?!

Got on the water in my Fatty Knees 8 cat rig dinghy for a Ross River warm-up last week, brilliant. even breached the wind vs tide river entrance for the first time in that craft as it was a nice 5-15 knot ESE er and sailed on semi-open waters for an hour off the city's port rock wall. Its small but high free-board boat and bobs over most waves like a cork, only bow spray to mop up. never put a gunwale under. It has a few modifications for dinghy cruising, like a storage hatch for supplies and safety, good anchor gear. never seen the rivers boat ramps as busy before. 50-100 trailers, allot of lockdown pent-up demand bursting free, 99% powerboats. but compared to a big city it was quiet, as there were 8 ramps to choose from and no obvious congestion.

Still doing a few things to Terias trailer, (shortening the bunk posts, greasing all the rollers etc) (and house painting, garden etc). the new motor's 20hr/3 month service done and cruising gear/stores are mostly back on board, waiting for the strong wind warnings (and rain) to ease off,
hope to sail "Teria" to Magnetic Island once it abates and fines up out there.

The 150 km travel rule is now on in Qld. From here in Townsville, that's extended road range to Lucinda and Cardwell, (Hinchinbrook Island) Not sure about Palm Islands group yet, some young guys in a tinnie were busted and fined heaps for landing on Esk Island which was inside the covid19 Biosecurity zone around Palm Island community)

Andrew
Andrew

Investigator #9 Teria