Emrys, where are you.

General Sailing Talk
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Emrys, where are you.

Post by Ozzie »

Just a shout out to Emrys. Mate have not heard from you for awhile. Hope you are ok during the current crisis. Those new to forum will note a lot of posts from Emrys (snoopebj) who has been a big part of the forum for a long time.
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)
snoopebj

Re: Emrys, where are you.

Post by snoopebj »

Hey Ozzie and all
Thanks for your shout out Everyone ok here in the Gong. Hope this finds all the members and families safe in these crazy times. Will get back into sailing again this summer. A good time to do maintenance on our boats now and keep focused (sane) I reckon. Discovered massive mould right through and stripped everything out for cleaning and washing. Still not found that damn leak filling the bilges with rain though.
Great to see new Investigator people and the site still thriving after Ian leaving after years of commitment and hard work.
Hope to see you all out on the water soon.
Fair winds and following seas

Emrys
Investigator #166 'Current Affair'
Ozzie

Post by Ozzie »

Mate, good to hear you are all good. I was just thinking of you again as I have just discovered a water ingress to the boat which as you’re probably reading is home on the trailer. After putting in the new windows and repackaging our gear I found it wet...WT*....

I realised I had the front of the trailer slightly higher to drain the cockpit but if too high water falling in front of the sliding hatch can drain under the hatch. There is a lip and side drain holes but I’m thinking there may have been something obstructing the drain. Anyway cranked the jockey wheel well down and after last nights rain no water came in. Normally on the mooring the boat sits a bit nose down. Would that be an issue for you on the trailer?
Ozzie

Waterworld (1995)
snoopebj

Post by snoopebj »

Took your advice today Ozzie and lowered the jockey wheel to level and cleaned out those drain holes. Lots of rain around so I can test your theory soon.Enjoyed your anti-fouling adventure not sure which is better parking in the road or on a mooring. Went out on a club run on a keel boat last year and was amazed how long it took them to get under way. Not much in it to rigging up in a car park for an hour I reckon. Lots of pros and cons with mooring versus trailering.
Must admit still love walking out of my driveway hopping onto the boat and fiddling around often just sitting inside dreaming, especially these days.
Thanks mate
Fair winds and following seas

Emrys
Investigator #166 'Current Affair'
Ozzie

Post by Ozzie »

Yes mate, mooring is not for everyone. I’m lucky I have a great spot close to shore, ten minutes drive from home and friends living within site distance of my boat who keep an eye on it for me. I’ve enjoyed having and tinkering the boat in the drive during lockdown, but it’s also distracting me from lots of other jobs I’ve promised Mrs Ozzie would get done during this hiatus from life. You can’t win 😆. Hope you solve your water problems and we see you under sail again soon. My “good weather window” has closed.....on my fingers. :shock:
Ozzie

Waterworld (1995)