Boatdesign.net

General Sailing Talk
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Boatdesign.net

Post by Ozzie »

https://www.boatdesign.net/threads/sub- ... ats.48194/

I often read bits on this site which I think is USA based anyway half way through this thread the Investigator gets a mention. Don’t think this has been posted before. Raining today... not working just reading boat stuff on the net.
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Re: Boatdesign.net

Post by Ozzie »

https://www.polysail.com/Confucius.htm

It’s 3.30 #$#* a.m.and the basket possum on the roof has woken me up again. I filled in the small section of rotted barge board he used to use to access the roof space six weeks ago so now he does the lambada up and down the tiles every night, at his convenience, before trying to scratch a new opening. If I wasn’t an animal lover I’d consider tearing him a new one as well.

Anyway now I’m up I’m on the lounge reading boatdesign.net again and come across a link to another site with a scan of a very old boat article on a timber microcruiser . Not a long one, but covers everything from his voyages , boat philosophy and even plans on how to build the thing. It bares a passing resemblance to an Investigator but it’s only 17ft . Mind you he did ocean voyages in the bloody thing....with his wife..... :shock: . I wonder if Kevin Shepard read this as a boy.

My late dad built a 12 ft timber fishing dinghy when I was about eight years old and I thought we were bloody royalty. I can still remember him boiling the frame parts in lengths of gal down pipes with an ancient kerosene blow lamp to soften the timber up enough to bend it around the framing jig.

Anyway I include the link here if you’re running out of things to read in lockdown and want some old boat stuff to reminisce over. I’ll swap it for a recipe on scaring possums away .
23D5115A-0E24-42DD-9E93-DDBA288C82E1.jpeg
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)