The World has moved on.

General Sailing Talk
Ozzie
Investigator Boat Name: Spritzig II

Re: The World has moved on.

Post by Ozzie »

Well, that was a fairly short respite from The End Of The World As We Know It as the Americans say. Bunnings have put the cattle crush entrance back up and from Monday it’s masks in Woolworths even in Nsw. I admit to have stopped wearing one lately in supermarkets after everyone else did, but not anymore.

I think we are in for the long haul with this $#1+ and we are going to have to get used to it for the general good . We have now ordered reusable masks online and keeping a box of disposables in the vehicles for use when needed. Has boating been rebanned in any states yet ?

We managed a trip to ACT to visit our daughter who we hadn’t seen since January 3. Last time we hightailed it home because we feared bushfires would close to road , this time C19 :shock: The chances we will be able to hug daughter number two in the UK any time soon have long evaporated.

Anyway, hope all of you are ok ...⛵️ stay safe and keep on Investigating.
Ozzie
Investigator #143 "SPRITZIG II"

The Mariner - “It’s too strange here. It doesn’t move right." ...
Enola - “Helen said that it’s only land sickness."
Waterworld (1995)
Geoff
Investigator Boat Name: #50 Timeless

Post by Geoff »

Yes we live in interesting times.

I went down to Coffs Harbour to see my very ill mother a couple of weeks ago. I intended to stay longer but when the numbers started blowing up in Sydney I got the horrors and bolted home. I thought our Premier would hard-shut the border and I didn't fancy paying a few grand to stay in a motel not of my choosing for a fortnight.

She hasn't yet but will if the numbers grow. Still heaps of caravaners coming and going. We live in town but on the main highway. I was giving the wife a hand in the front garden a couple of days ago, pulling a few weeds. Two vans pulled up, one of the drivers asked for directions to Cania Gorge as his gps wasn't getting signal.

The other driver said 'mate, anyone who has a trailer sailer in his driveway shouldn't have a garden'. I said 'mate, you're preaching to the converted, but waddya do?
Geoff
Investigator #50 'Timeless'
Investigator #111 'Missy'

As the engineer said, "sure it works in practice, but will it work in theory?"
Ozzie

Post by Ozzie »

:lol: :lol: so true Geoff, I’ve always said you can’t be a traveler and a gardener and that should apply to sailing as well by default.

The caravan thing is nuts. It would appear these “experiments” in opening up will continue until TPTB really see that they are two steps backwards. A meal at the pub or holiday at “Crabland of the Tasman” or “Willy World” is hardly worth killing someone’s granny. Lockdowns are bad for business sure but Vic is headed back to It again by the looks of things due to dim bulbs not doing the right thing . Rant over. Have a sailing related story I’ll post on a new thread.
Ozzie

Waterworld (1995)
Ozzie

Post by Ozzie »

All the best to Victorian members in the hotspots. I checked the Vic Govt sites this morning to see where you have gone boating wise as I figured NSW will get there sooner or later. So far ok...

https://betterboating.vic.gov.au/news/b ... 1596494062

Vic is scarily indicating where we may be headed. As I figured the $#i+ has finally hit the food chain with abattoirs throttled back. Enjoy every sausage while they are available :shock:
Ozzie

Waterworld (1995)
Ozzie

Post by Ozzie »

Poo😳I thought it might only be a matter of time till TPTB crossed boating of the “exercise “ list. Although no exercise there.
It’s very much becoming The End Of the World As We Know It😷😷😷😷NSW can’t really be too far behind this, not that I have issues with it .....as long as golf is banned as well 😷
Ozzie

Waterworld (1995)
Ozzie

Post by Ozzie »

Update- latest as per David’s post

https://www.biavic.com.au/covid19-update
Ozzie

Waterworld (1995)
Ozzie

Post by Ozzie »

Research research research. The solution was published years ago
7B8005A0-675A-44AD-ABFD-82AB334CF252.jpeg
7B8005A0-675A-44AD-ABFD-82AB334CF252.jpeg (50.06 KiB) Viewed 22177 times
Ozzie

Waterworld (1995)
Ozzie

Post by Ozzie »

Mostly such people fly under the radar David. Now they can kill you.

We just got back from Woolies to do a major shop as we’ve let it go for as long as possible. As from Monday W requested shoppers to wear a mask . We went on tea time as usually it’s quiet and it was. BUT. We were the only people with masks on other than the staff. Slightly better in Coles where I had to stop after for one item W was sold out of probably due to the Melbourne issues , it being the transport hub. As I said before this is slowly eating into the system and if people won’t play the game it will start to get a lot worse.

TPTB need to maybe start an ad run along the lines of “keep going to the pub and breathing on each other and next week there might be no beer” now there’s a slogan bogans can understand :)

Stay safe.

I promise my next post will be sailing related :|
Ozzie

Waterworld (1995)
Ozzie

Post by Ozzie »

I won’t mind watching that one David.

Speaking of sailing the world 🌍

https://www.traveller.com.au/stranded-i ... sia-h1oeak

Could be worse places to be holed up I suppose.
Ozzie

Waterworld (1995)
Ozzie

Post by Ozzie »

Top find David. I can’t beat that one although I did get my 8 foot Seacraft aluminium tender for a case of 4x :) it had a 2 ft hole in it as it had been on the back of an old motorhome that had caught on fire. Cost me $100 bucks to get a patch welded in it.

As with yours the chief attraction was it looked too crepe to pinch and the huge weld made it easily identifiable. I don’t leave it on the shore as it’s very light and between my wife and myself we can rooftop it although we used to have a small dingy trailer.

The poor bloke moored next to me has had three tenders pinched, never off the mooring, only at night off the shore. They should lock the baskets up... along with the klutz who invented battery powered angle grinders, which I believe are the thief’s best friend. Even chains won’t stop the buggers these days. A leg rope and anchor for all of them :twisted:
Ozzie

Waterworld (1995)