Permission to come aboard!!!!

Spindrift114

Permission to come aboard!!!!

Post by Spindrift114 »

Hello All!
Mike is the name. In the eighties I owned and sailed a Contender. For those of you who don't know, this was Ben Lexen's first design. A one man version of a Flying Dutchman. Great fun but had to sell it when I moved from Cairns to Adelaide. My partner Junee And I now live in south east Tasmania on the edge of Frederic Henry bay. Hundreds of kms of beautiful coastline to explore and we have just become the proud (and slightly bewildered) owners of and Investigator 563, "Spindrift" Sail No.114. She's a little tired but sound. She's sitting by the house, mast stepped and I'm slowly working out where everything might go. She's come with 5 sails, a Yamaha 8Hp outboard, registration on boat and a slightly ratty trailer although it performed well in travelling from the north of the state to it's new home.
As we all know boat stands for Borrow An Other Thousand so I wont be too surprised when I have to spend a few dollars on her but for $6K I feel we have many day of fun ahead.
The forum has been a source of info which initially helped me to make the decision to buy so thanks.
Mike r
Spindrift #114
Andrew
Investigator Boat Name: Teria

Re: Permission to come aboard!!!!

Post by Andrew »

Gday Mike, i'm not the official welcomer but good on you for getting an investigator and coming aboard, it's a good design and should go well in many conditions.

They're a good boat but some are getting a bit long in the tooth, in my case maintenance between sails in usual

Here's a link to my blog about Teria
http://teria563.blogspot.com.au/2013/11 ... r-563.html

Cheers
Andrew
Andrew

Investigator #9 Teria
atles

Re: Permission to come aboard!!!!

Post by atles »

nice to see an investigator getting a face lift :) you will love sailing her
i had mine out over Xmas people are always coming up and having a look at her at the boat ramp
as they will yours
atles
Investigator #133 sky bird
brisbane